Solved How to create Text above ItemFrame with out the ItemFrame

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by xxmobkiller, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xxmobkiller

Hi, I am needing some help with my custom plugin that i am working on. Last night i join this Faction server / Hub and i show that they have a text like on the itemframe when you custom the name of a item and put it in the ItemFrame well They had no itemframes Just the Text showing I am wanting to know How would i go about doing that! If i find the ip i will post it here!

2. Offline

The Fancy Whale

Could you post a picture? I am very confused about what you mean... Maybe you are thinking of this?

xxmobkiller likes this.
  3. Offline

xxmobkiller

Ya i am talking about That.

The Fancy Whale
    By the way I have been seeing on some servers if you hover on the slots display example 259/300 It ill show you a list of players Like this server arkhamnetwork.org I am wanting to know How i can do that to.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  4. Offline

Goblom

xxmobkiller Take a look at the resource section for the display stuff, there are 3 resources you can use that can do this for you. There are also a few plugins that can do this, for example, my Holographic plugin

xxmobkiller likes this.
  5. Offline

xxmobkiller

Ok. Thank you

6. Offline

The Fancy Whale

Yes but that is very different from this hologram idea

xxmobkiller likes this.
  7. Offline

nuno1212sss

xxmobkiller Create a living entity off of the ItemFrame(It is already a entity)
    .setCustomName("name");
    .setCustomNameVisible(true);
    Not tested

NathanWolf likes this.
  8. Offline

xxmobkiller

I have got that done! But now what about the Tag when you hover over the online players ect.. 42/300 it shows me a huge box that has image and Text in it Here a example 1.7.2 Ip: play.melonmc.com Before you join you will hover over the online player that show something like this 42/300 it show you a huge box how i would go about making that!

9. Offline

sara4012

Yes, to do that use something like http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/player-count-message/

10. Offline

xxmobkiller

Thank you everyone that help me! :)
    Now i can get started on working on setting up the plugins and games! Thank you. Here have 500 Diamonds

11. Offline

Badeye

Uhm, have you made progress? I'd like to have something similar, i need these textboxes to pop up whenever you hover over a slot in your inventory, just like it does it when you are in creative and you open your survival tab (where you can put your armor etc on). On the bottom right there is the delete items slot, you can dump items on it and they will be deleted. However, if you hover over it, there is a small Textwindow poping up saying that this is the Delete Item slot.
    Is tthere a way to do it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.