How many players can I run on a Bukkit Server with this setup?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by ValBGaming, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ValBGaming

Well, I was wondering how many players I would be able to host on a server with the following spec's, reason being because I have no spare money at all at the moment, so I'll be running it from my home computer.

Download Speed: 20mbps
    Upload Speed: 0.97mbps

Windows 7 64-bit
    AMD Athlon ll X2 215 dual-core processor
    Memory: 3GB DDR2
    Memory Allocated to server: 1.5GB via RemoteToolKit plugin.

Bukkit Version: #953
    Plugins List: Essentials, Permissions, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, BigBrother, SimpleSave, RemoteToolKit, MCDocs, Reporter, iWarning, AfkKick, WorldBorder, LWC, ScheduledAnnouncer, NoCheat, ModTRS, DynMap, War, iConomy, iConomyChestShop, Factions, MobBounty, Jobs, mcMMO, VoxelPort, Spyer, ChopTree, BedHealAdvanced, BlockDoor, SummaCodes, RetractableBridge, PorteCoulissante, ElectricFences, LavaFurnace, Flight, BookWorm, PvPToggle, Vampire, MobRider, Lottery, Reagent, CustomCrafting, SimpleSignEdit, ChairCraft, TorchLight, AmnesiaCraft, ClayGen, PickBoat, ChocoCrops, bShortcut, MonsterHunt.

(Note: Soon I am going to look over all my plugins and likely get rid of some.)

2. Offline

3ric

Map size has a lot to do with it, since your comp has to process everything. You'd have to test it out first (try making a border-limited map, about 1000 blocks) and go from there.

3. Offline

JohnTheRipper

10 slots max (your upload speed sucks bro!).

4. Offline

TheMadMan697

ya i think it would even lag at 10 players. 2 players moving around a lot would use up all that bandwidth

5. Offline

tharvoil

Yea the connection speeds gonna be what hurts you. My personal server is on a 2.6GHz processor with 3 gigs of ram and it can host 50 players with no issues across 3 maps. All depends on who you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.