how do i upload a map to my server

Discussion in 'General Help' started by shadow263, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

shadow263

hi i'm new to this so i don't know if this is the right forum but anyway i would like to know how to upload a map to a separate world i dont know to much about config and that so keep it easy and i'm using a company to host my server minespan if anyone can help please do so thanks

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

shadow263

yeah i gave that a try but i did not work i had a look on youtube for some help but nothing so any other ideas??

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@shadow263 could you define "did not work"?
    What didn't work, what did you try?

5. Offline

scrollbar

Hello,

As Timtower said we will need a bit more information on what is not working, I will however provide some general information below.

If it is an issue with not being able to upload files at all you will likely need to contact your host or provide the FTP errors.

If you are able to upload and you are now just looking to run it you may need to set it to load as your main world via the panel. This however can be different from host to host.

The guide below is specific to our hosting but it may still help.

https://www.bisecthosting.com/clients/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=14&id=61

6. Offline

shadow263

well first i don't want it as my main world but what the problem is so ingame i make a world with multiverse and then on filezilla then i uploaded the map i wanted to the file cause i was watching a tutorial on how to but it did not upload the map to the world i created so now what??

7. Offline

Firestar311

Hello @shadow263
    Here is a general guide for uploading a world and importing it to multiverse
    First locate the folder where the world is stored, for this example we will use "test"
    Upload the world via FTP, FileZilla or WinSCP (Any one works). This should be in your root directory
    In the game or in console, use the command /mv import {worldname} in this case /mv import test
    If you are doing it from console, do not put the "/" in front. If you get an error when importing, screenshot and post as a reply.
    If it was successful then type IN GAME /mv tp {worldname} in this case /mv tp test

If this helped, give me a like, if not, please post a detail of why, screenshot and a console log via www.pastebin.com

8. Offline

shadow263

ok thanks i will give it a try and post back if it worked or not

9. Offline

shadow263

hey i gave it a try but it says i need some sort of generator so what should i use

10. Offline

mcdorli

What map do you try to upload?

11. Offline

shadow263

its a survival games map catching fire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.