Hovering Player Count

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MineStein, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MineStein

Hello everyone! I am developing a hub plugin for my server, and I was wondering how I can make the player count display a message (Better if it was several lines) when you hover over it.

Also, does anyone know how to set the player count to say a message instead. Kind of like TheNexusV2 Alpha Server, it says maintenance whenever they put it in maintenance mode.

2. Offline

Zettelkasten

3. Offline

MineStein

Zettelkasten There is a way.

bwfcwalshy I am not looking for a plugin. I am looking for how to develop the plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Offline

Zettelkasten

Well, you could ask the plugin owner if you can decompile his plugin to look at the source code, or you could continue the plugin for him with his permission. In both cases you will know how to do it.

5. Offline

FabeGabeMC

MineStein
    I think you had to use a ServerListPingEvent. not that sure...

6. MineStein oh well i recommend you use ProtocolLib i gave this a try and used protocollib.

7. Offline

MineStein

Zettelkasten
    The point of this thread is to find out how to do it on here.

FabeGabeMC
    The ServerListPingEvent allows you to setMotd, setServerIcon, and setMaxPlayers.

bwfcwalshy
    And did it work? There is a plugin I found that used ProtocolLib as a dependency. But, as previously stated by myself, I am not looking for a plugin. I am looking for how to make the plugin.

Now that we have discussed how to do the hovering, what about my second question? How can I set the player count to a message (For example, "Maintenance" in dark purple).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  8. Offline

Zettelkasten

Well, you want the answer, so me making a suggestion on how to find out (as nobody has found a real solution on here) should be in your favor. It is your decision if you want the answer, I told you how to find it.
    You can always post the solution on here if you found it using other sources, it only helps others that have the same problem.

As I sad, you can not.

9. MineStein it works, you can just do the messages with color like any other. All you need to do is lots of code for the actual player list to have a custom message then you can just make a list in the config with your messages and replace & with ยง ect and maybe do like a replace for %player% and replace with player name or like %online% and replace with online players.

10. Offline

MineStein

11. Offline

Zettelkasten

You mean alpha.thenexusmc.net, right? For me that server does have a tool-tip when you hover over the player count, but the player count still says: "2/3" as player count, and not something like "Maintenance".

12. Offline

MineStein

Zettelkasten It is only when the server is under maintenance. I will see if I can get a picture.

13. Offline

Gater12

MineStein
    Do you mean when there's a big red X through the bar thingy and it says Maintenance next to it?

14. Offline

MineStein

Gater12 I am talking about it when, instead of player count, it says Maintenance in purple and bold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.