Horse Info Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Trakehner, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Trakehner

Plugin category: Fun

Minecraft version: 1.12

Suggested name: Pixel Ponies

What I want:
    - A plugin that when punching (but doing no harm) a horse with an object (such as saddle or lead) gives information about the horse in chat only to the player that punched the horse and the information can be set by admins or assigned randomly.
    - The information to include: gender, breed, jump(in blocks), speed(blocks per second), name, and show name.
    - Gender: Naturally have stallions(male horses) and mares(female horses) but being able to change stallions to a gelding(castrated stallion that can no longer reproduce).
    - Breed: If you do not know much about horses, many breeds can be found online or maybe in the config have an option to add breeds
    - Name and Show name(show names are used for showing and is kinda like a second name) would be set by admin with maybe a command like /h edit <gender,breed,name,showname> <new gender,breed,name, or showname>

To be clear: this plugin would only show up in chat to gather information about a horse and assign that specific horse stuff that would not affect the game. My server is equestrian based and it would be nice to have some realism if that makes sense.

Ideas for commands: /h info (then punch horse with saddle or other object and it shows info in chat)
    /h edit (allows admins to edit information on the horse)

Ideas for permissions:
    allow players to do /h info but only allow admins to do /h edit

When I'd like it by: I don't know how long it would take to make a plugin like this so I guess sometime in the next month or so?

Please comment and let me know if this sounds reasonable or if someone is able to do something similar to it!

2. Offline

CyberSoul

I will start working on this for you. The difficult part of this plugin is saving the information about each horse somehow, but otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

Update: Haven't implemented a command yet, but can get pretty much everything from hitting a horse with a lead. What it needs: /h info and /h edit, for horses to keep their data when server is restarted, to change the jump number to something more understandable.
    Also, I don't see an easy way to get the Horse Speed, it is possible, but it is very possible that it will get broken with each release of Minecraft.
    [​IMG]

Another Update: Everything is complete. Jump Height is in blocks now. The /h command is implemented. Data about horses gets saved on server restart. The only thing is horse speed. If horse speed isn't that important than I will let this be all for the plugin, but if you do want me to work on implementing that, I will do so. It is possible to set the gender of the horse to a gelding, would you like me to check if a horse is a gelding when breeding horses and cancel if it is?

The plugin is completely finished. As soon as it is approved by a moderator I will give a link to the bukkitdev project. Please let me know as soon as you can if there's anything you would like changed, I will be glad to do it.
    Link to bukkitdev project: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/pixel-ponies[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  3. Offline

Trakehner

Wow this looks amazing! Horse speed stats seems like it has always been a problem in minecraft, there is another plugin called horse stats I belive that was able to get some kind of system but it is not neccessary for this plugin. The checking for a gelding when breeding would be cool to add.

4. Offline

CyberSoul

The plugin already has a check. It actually checks that the bred horses are a stallion and a mare. Any other combination does not work. Let me know if you need anything else!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.