Horror nights..

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by KrisEike, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Offline

KrisEike

How about there is a 1% chance that a horror night appear..?

A horror night would be something like this:

- Mobs spawning in light
    - Giants spawning in high light outside.
    - Insane amount of spawning mobs.
    - ??? (Open for suggestions)

It could be like this:

Oh no! A portal has opened, fast! Defend yourselfes, this will be a hell'of'a night!

* Mobs start spawning*

* Sunshine *

The portal is closed again! Great work.

So, does anyone approve? =P

Kris

2. Offline

4am

I like the concept. Perhaps though the giants spawn in darkness a certain distance from the light and move towards it, like a sudden horde from an unknown location. If you start losing, time slows down and it gets harder. Kick lots of ass and you will quickly win the night!

Maybe I'll take a shot at this, but it might be above my current Java skill level, and I haven't much time for coding these days :(

3. Offline

KrisEike

Like your ideas! Maybe make them hunt you for a longer distance too..

Anyway, thanks. =)

4. Offline

KayoticSully

This seems like a bigger mod than just a simple one-off. I would be more than willing to help code something like this, but by no means is it a task for someone to take on by themselves. If you get another developer or two that would be willing to do this as a group, let me know. I've been looking for a good mod idea to sink my teeth into. I know my way around Java probably better than I should, and I think this is entirely possible to accomplish.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread, but also let me know if you are serious about getting this done, I have a few friends that might be willing to help if they like the idea.

5. Offline

KrisEike

I would like a plugin like this, but i do not think i am the only one ;)

I could have a chat with some of my other plugin developer friends later, check if they were interested.

Still, hoping someone will reply on this thread. =)

And btw, it would be nice if the guy who made it gave me credit for the idea =3
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 1:37 AM ---
    Any coder feeling like doing this?

Kris
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 1:17 PM ---
    Nobody taking an intereset in this? =/

6. Offline

ProfSmiles

Hhhhhmmmm, I might take a look into this
    One question, how would you like the portal's position to be chosen? (user defined, at random players location?)
    Or should mobs just spawn everywhere? :p

7. Offline

KrisEike

Every god damn where! =P

It's like Friday the 13, mobs everywhere and stuff. They could spawn right behind you, or nearby. All i want is to make them spawn like crazy!

Also, maybe make it that ONLY skeletons and zombies spawn? So that it is truly a "horror night" ?

Up to you! =D

Kris

8. Offline

ProfSmiles

How about a config file:
    Choose where they spawn*
    Choose what spawns
    (Anything else?)

*Perhaps a set location or set the distance from a player which they can randomly spawn at ie. min, max (number of blocks)

9. Offline

birkoss

Hi,

I'm writing a similar mod, more on a Left4Dead way in which mob keep spawning and are very agressive.

At the end of the night, they will be some chests to the "best" player.

I want to modify the Creeper so they can trigger and explode around your building allowing the others to enter. If you're surrounding of Dirt in a 2x2 chamber, they can blow it, so easy way out. :)

I'm still in a Proof-of-Concept part, but it looks good.

After the first 2 nights, is it too easy...we have to spice it up :)

++

birkoss

10. Offline

KrisEike

Set distance, would be the best. I like how the config file could look. Maybe something like this?:

Choose where they spawn (set distance from player)
    Choose what spawns
    How much that spawns.
    Do they spawn in a pack?
    How big is a pack?

-----------------------
    spawndistance=3
    spawning=skeleton, zombie
    spawning=1
    packspawn=true
    packsize=5

Just a suggestion.
    [MERGETIME="1299596270"][/MERGETIME]
    Sounds cool, i would not want the goal to be the "best" player, but rather to just survive the night. Would be cool if creepers could destroy stuff too, but just at these "horror nights". This could conflict with WorldGuard though.

Still, i like the concept.
    [MERGETIME="1299596793"][/MERGETIME]
    Also, maybe make it so that every "Horror night", Pigzombies spawn hostile, and attack the player?
    And, maybe normal mobs could "ignore" armor? Like:

ignorearmor=true - Which would make mobs attack trough the armor, making it even more difficult!

11. Offline

Codex Arcanum

Sounds cool.