hit activated pressureplates?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Avous, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Avous

i wanna pressureplate plugin that when someone hits a pressure plate to disarm a trap it instead ACTIVATES IT! could someone please work on this? i wanna trap my friends and have trap wars

and id like to have it possible to prop sand/gravel up like. it just stays stuck to one block until you step on it

2. Offline

McSpazzy

Um maybe. Redstone disabling the physics?. I'm hard at work on another plugin atm. But if no one has picked it up by tomorrow, ill take a look.

Started poking around =D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  3. Offline

Avous

it would be awesome if you could find a way to where if a pressure plate takes damage it activates as well as just normally stepping on it! that way people cant disarm traps! same for levitating sand/gravel till someone walks on it :D

4. Offline

McSpazzy

Well. It currently makes sand and gravel not fall if powered by redstone. And currently my smallest plugin to date...2.79kb

If you wanted it around the other way, so pressing a button, or a plate makes it fall. It would disable sand and gravel from falling globally.

Not sure there is a way to activate the physics calls without some kind of trigger. Like redstone, or digging.

5. Offline

Avous

hmm... how does gravel/sand levitate in caves like the 404 cave gravel levitates till you touch it then it just falls

6. Offline

McSpazzy

Because when the world spawns, nothing triggers the physics event to make it fall. I'll keep digging.

7. Offline

Avous

ok thank you very much for everything! i just feel theres not a diversity in traps in minecraft if people see a pressure plate they know to smack it until its destroyed then it ruins the fun of trap mazes or rigging peoples houses. thats why i wanted falling sand and on hit pressure plates act like buttons/levers

8. Offline

McSpazzy

Yeh, looks like pressure plates can activate by being hit.

9. Offline

Avous

thank you sir! do they still work like stepping on them too still? and could i get a link to your magically delicious sand/gravel supporting pressure plating hitting plugin?... once again thank you! i havent seen any plugins or threads about people forgetting the basic fun of busting their friends chops and having a good laugh over it! i hope people see that soon and start making regular plugins for rigging your friends houses for a good laugh

10. Offline

McSpazzy

Well from what I can see, if you punch them, they don't revert back to their non state without additional code, which I'm looking into. Also for this to work, sand/gravel has to be disabled either globally, or in a set distance around any redstone wire. Whichever sounds better.

11. Offline

Avous

second one sounds great!

12. Offline

RazorFlint

Yeah, But wouldn't that just defie the purpose of pressure plates ? And plus a button has the exact same state as a pressure plate...
    Why would you need this?

13. Offline

killgoblen

Because if you tried to punch a pressure plate to break it and disable a trap, it would instead activate that trap. It would also still be activated by walking on it.

I like this idea!