Help with server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by kevbot1811, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kevbot1811

How would i go about making it so only people who register to my website can join my server? I've seen it on other server and it made me really curious on how to do it.

2. Offline

Slayer9x9

Hm, that is a good question, I've always wondered myself way back when...
    After hours and hours of searching through depths of the Internet, I finally found <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>
    It is a good thing I found this for you, because it might have been quite the challenge. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2017
  3. Offline

Fuzzwolf

[quote uid=6523 name="Slayer9x9" post=1243530]Hm, that is a good question, I've always wondered myself way back when...
    After hours and hours of searching through depths of the Internet, I finally found <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>
    It is a good thing I found this for you, because it might have been quite the challenge. ;)[/quote]
    Those are nice authorization plugins to make sure users do not log on your account, but he's looking for some kind of permissions bridge involving his website, or at least I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2017
  4. Offline

Jonchun

You can use a whitelist system. Have a php script automatically update your whitelist after a member has registered... Or you can use a whitelist plugin and combine it with WebSend to execute whitelist commands...

5. Offline

Nucious

Bout the best one without major bridging. By that I mean having an actual bridge between your forum database and MCs... which will most likely require some coding on your part.

6. Offline

Slayer9x9

*infinite facepalm*
    Well that was a lame attempt at being sarcastic on my part. :p
    Yeah I actually do this with a plugin I coded myself. It uses MySQL queries to pull username/password combos from my webhoster.
    As for OP, have a look at this. I have not tried this myself, but it seems like a good starting point. I am assuming you use SQL for your website. Just make sure your webhoster accepts incoming SQL port communications. Mine did not, so I had to specifically request it.

Fuzzwolf likes this.
  7. Offline

Jonchun

But bridging is probably easier than the method I've mentioned considering you need to code it up anyways. You can just insert a snippet into the registration script of whatever cms/forum software you're using so that user registration whitelists you on the server as well.

8. Offline

kevbot1811

this is confusing

9. Offline

Jonchun

Basically, unless you're willing to spend some money on a coder to do this type of thing, your best bet is to just use an authorization plugin where users can register a password in-game.

10. Offline

kevbot1811

how would i go about getting a php script

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.