Help with ramdisk saving setup, anyone know?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by KrazyBonez, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KrazyBonez

I have recently started to look into using a ramdisk for my server, it makes the chunks load at a much faster rate, but i have run into an issue. Every time the thing auto-saves, as in saving the .img file to my harddrive, it lags horribly, both the server and my cpu. Is there any sort of program or plugin i could get that would save the entire server folder to another drive? Like, my ramdisk is G drive and i would like to be able to save my whole server folder to my D drive regularly to avoid losing data in the event of a power outage or anything of that sort. The ramdisks built in autosave saves itself as a .img file and lags my cpu while doing so horribly.

Basically im looking to see if anyone knows where i can find one of two things, either one would work.

1. A program that will save/backup my entire G: drive to another drive of my choice on a timed interval.

or

2. A plugin that will save my entire server to a drive of my choice on a timed interval.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.