HELP WITH PERMISSIONSEX!!!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by joedan228, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

joedan228

I use the command to add player to Moderator group, but goes away when they log out... Can somebodu show me an exaple of how in the actrualy permissions.yml file to add a person to a group? Thx!!!

2. Offline

Tomrocks99

Try SetRankPEx, http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/setrankpex/. Easier/shorter commands, and may fix theproblem.

If you want to add the directly to the permissions file, then you type something like this under all of the nodes and groups:
    Code:
      (User):
        group:
        - (Group/Rank)

3. Offline

joedan228

can i add 2 people in one thing? Ex.)
    users:
    imaturtle123, joedan228:
    group:
    - MOD

4. Offline

mrCaveman

No, you'll need to make it like this:
    Code:
        (User):
            group:
            - (Group/Rank)
        (User2):
              group:
              - (Group/Rank)

5. Offline

joedan228

Where do i put it? if i put it in between two ranks, i get error

6. Offline

hostforgold

When you do the in-game command to set the rank-it gets sent to your permission file, a common error is if you previously been editing your permissions file and have it already opened, set a rank in-game, and add/subtract/edit something from the list and save, it will not save the permission you set in-game.

7. Offline

lycano

You dont need a plugin for that -.-

joedan228 If it goes away after logout this has a reason. You normally add a user to a group with the command "pex user <user> group add <group> [world] [lifetime]"

To add someone to Moderator use pex user Player group add Moderator

This is permanent. If the user does not have the same group after relogin then your problem comes from a different source.

Checkout the commands wiki on github https://github.com/PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx/wiki/Commands

There is a commands where you can check in which group the user is. Thats the only source you should trust. Editing the permission file is not the way to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.