Help With Groupmanager Stuff

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Ethanl189, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ethanl189

So how do i add someone to 2 groups. Like [A]Shooter[Vip] I want them to have both groups perms. I have tried manuaddsub but does not work. Please Help

2. Offline

Triangle_Aiden

Hello Ethanl189,

Have you already created the groups? If not please take a look at this GroupManager Tutorial.

Once you have created the groups you can use "/manuadd <player> <group>". You can use "/manuaddsub <plaeyer> <group>" to add a group to a users subgroup list.

I would recommend you set-up an Admin rank which inherits both of the groups. This will give you access to all the commands from both of the inherited groups. The tutorial I linked above explains what inheritance is and how to use it.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,
    Aiden

3. Offline

Ethanl189

But is there any way to do this manually. It doesnt work. Is there a command for this in-game. But when i add a subgroup to the player, whenever they rankup, they lose the perms for that group. Any Suggestions

4. Offline

Necrodoom

When you add the subgroup to user, and do /mansave, does the users.yml change? Make sure the subgroup is there when you change what you change.

5. Offline

Ethanl189

So if that is always there, if they rankup or something like will it remove or will it stay? Because the problem is, is that when ever there is like a reload or a restart or they rankup, they lose the subgroup

So i tried a mansave with my friend and when he ranked up, he didnt have access after he ranked up. Would it be easier if we communicated through skype?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  6. Offline

Necrodoom

Check if the subgroup appears in users.yml when you give it.

7. Offline

Ethanl189

It Doesnt

8. Offline

Necrodoom

Ethanl189 what GM and bukkit version? How are you giving subgroup exactly?

9. Offline

Ethanl189

Craftbukkit beta Prison ./manuaddsub (name) Vip

Craftbukkit beta Prison ./manuaddsub (name) Vip

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Necrodoom

Ethanl189 exact versions please. Use /version and /version groupmanager

11. Offline

Ethanl189

This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks (MC: 1.7.2) (implementing API version 1.7.2-R0.3

GM: 2.0.132

12. Offline

Necrodoom

Ethanl189 that GM devbuild is somewhat outdated, 2.0.137 is latest for 1.7.2 MC, while 2.1.11 is for 1.7.9.

13. Offline

Ethanl189

So what do i do?

What would i do?

14. Offline

Necrodoom

Ethanl189 use the version I said depending on the bukkit version you want to run?

15. Offline

Ethanl189

can you send me a link to 1.7.5 version?

16. Offline

Necrodoom

17. Offline

Ethanl189

Will i lose my stuff

18. Offline

Necrodoom

Unless you delete the configuration files for no reason, no.

19. Offline

Ethanl189

Where do i get the file?

20. Offline

Necrodoom

Same place you got your previous one.

21. Offline

Ethanl189

I have a hosted server....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.