Help understanding basic permissions & YAML (WorldGuard)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by dragonfire613, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Offline

dragonfire613

Ok, I've spent several days trying to troubleshoot this and figure out how to do basic permissions using Worldguard, and nothing I try works.

I have myself assigned as op and everything works fine for me.
    Any other users who login to server cannot use commands.

What I want to happen: Any first-time users fall into the "Newbie" group, and be able to use commands I allow in permissions.yml (in this example, "/rg info" and "/rg list")

Presently, when users attempt to use ANY command, they get red message "You don't have permission."
    Likewise, immediately when typing a command ("/rg info" in this example), as soon as they type "/r", (before pressing enter) a message pops up "Unknown or incomplete command, see below for error at position 1: /<--[HERE]"

I started building my permissions.yml file using example from this post: https://bukkit.org/threads/bukkit-guide-permissions.50305/

I have also tried several other variations of formatting I've found, all give the same result (or errors).

My OS: Windows 10 Build 18363.1256
    64-Bit
    Java version: 1.8.0_271, 64-Bit
    Running craftbukkit using command: "java -Xms2G -Xmx2G -jar craftbukkit-1.16.4.jar"
    Plugins in plugin folder: worldedit-bukkit-7.2.0-dist.jar, worldguard-bukkit-7.0.4

Here is my permissions.yml file:
    Code:
    groups:
      Newbie:
        default: true
        permissions:
        - worldguard.region.info.*
        - worldguard.region.list
        inheritance: []
        info:
          prefix: []
          build: true
          suffix: ''
      Member:
        default: false
        permissions: []
        inheritance:
        info: []
      Owner:
        default: false
        permissions: []
        inheritance:
        info: []
    I have tried listing the permission commands in 'quotes' as I've seen in other examples, still get the same result. I have also tried "worldguard.region.info.*", "worldguard.region.list.*", "worldguard.region.*", "worldguard.*" and still get the same results. I have tried using 4 spaces instead of two for indentations as seen in other examples, no change (or sometimes errors).

I feel like I'm missing something fundamental, but any help to get me going would be appreciated.

2. Offline

0mega351

hello! i am just wondering how i can allow cirten people to be able to build in a region without making them an operater i am making an economy server and im trying to make it so that people when they buy a region with vault they can configure their region/home but not be able to configure other peoples regions and be able to add members who can build there kinda like roommates when you move into a house/dorm for a year but not really can you please help me??????