Help, no-one can reach my server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Basicjeremy, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Basicjeremy

WHY CANT PEOPLE GET ON MY BUKKIT SERVER FOR MINECRAFT 1.4.6

I'm able to reach my server from anywhere on this network with my INTERNAL IP and localhost, but no one outside the network is able to . The IP is static, I tried keeping the firewall off, I tried turning off my antivirus, I tried turning it off, I've tried redownloading, I portforwarded OVER AND OVER, but there was still no change. .... I went to canyouseeme.com and all those other port testing sites, but no matter what I do, it keeps saying the port is closed I tried making a

tekkit server and a vanilla server, but they did not work either.

It usually said for them, ''Can't reach server'' for adding the server, but quick connect it said, ''connection timed out: connect'' I

made them use the external IP for the server address, and then I set the eternal IP to a host with DUC: No-IP

------------------------------------------
    - Build: craftbukkit-1.4.6-R0.3

- Plugins: Essentials, World edit, and Lockette

- dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/R7xmeeDb

- server.properties:

#Minecraft server properties
    #Tue Jan 08 21:41:19 EST 2013
    generator-settings=
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=1
    enable-query=false
    allow-flight=false
    server-port=25565
    level-type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    level-seed=999
    server-ip=
    max-build-height=256
    spawn-npcs=true
    white-list=false
    spawn-animals=true
    snooper-enabled=true
    hardcore=false
    texture-pack=
    online-mode=true
    pvp=true
    difficulty=3
    gamemode=0
    max-players=20
    spawn-monsters=true
    generate-structures=true
    view-distance=10
    spawn-protection=16
    motd=A Minecraft Server

HELP PLEASE

2. Offline

arweth

All I can say from what you have said is the the problem has either got to be port forwarding or firewall rejecting the connection. I would say make sure your system firewall is off as well as any other firewall software.

Try reading your routers manual as well as you haven't provided many details such as your operating system.

Please see this for what you should post to get the best repose from the community.

3. Offline

Omnitv

Add in your IP address ex. xx.xx.xx.xxx and port forward.

4. Offline

Basicjeremy

Okay, I added the dxdiag, the plugins, the build and a little more information. Will that help any?

5. Offline

snake4212

You might be forwarding to only your local IP address the problem with that is that it is basically like opening a LAN server which now is obviously build into minecraft

6. Offline

Basicjeremy

What other ip should i be port forwarding? I'm already portforwarding my IPv4

7. Offline

snake4212

Thats correct but do you have any firewalls on your computer or your modem/router that could redirect the port to IPv6

8. Offline

Basicjeremy

I don't think so. I turned off windows firewall and the antivirus firewall. Is it possible that something from someone else's computer on the same network could effect it in anyway?

Everyone's saying either I port forwarded it wrong or a firewall is blocking it, and that's why canyouseeme.com keeps saying the port is closed, but I've checked everything i could think of..

it was working fine on my other computer a few months ago..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  9. Offline

Basicjeremy

It's been a few weeks and I still can't figure out anything. I tried another laptop and the port was still closed. It's probably something outside of the computers that's blocking the connection .. Any suggestions?

Anyone?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  10. Offline

strontkever

you could try another port as your isp might block it.. still i doubt that,

are you sure you are port forwarding correctly? i hear you talk about ipv4 and ipv6 but i dont get the link to what that has to do with anything

if you access your router make sure you open the port to the correct computer running the server (run ipconfig in windows cmd to find out) and make sure your firewall isnt enabled (rather just make an exception on the port u use)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.