Solved [GroupManager] Multiple Errors

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Nadoomi, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nadoomi

2. Offline

Necrodoom

Paste broken file plugins/GroupManager/worlds/jimmycraft/groups.yml please.

3. Offline

JaguarJo

Code:
    found character        '\t' that cannot start any token
    Nadoomi The file that Necrodoom asked you to paste is the one that's throwing the error. This error means that there is a tab in your file. Tabs are bad.

4. Offline

Nadoomi

5. Offline

JaguarJo

Nadoomi You can use this website to check for errors like tabs. It'll give you the line number that the error is on.

You've got all kinds of problems in that groups file. First of all, you can't put slash commands in there, you need to use permission nodes. If you don't know the node that goes with a command, look it up. Here's a list of all of the essentials permission nodes: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Command_Reference/Perm . Secondly, when you're negating a permission node, the second - needs to go right up against the node with no spaces, like this: - -bukkit.command.op.give . And one more thing, your prefix and suffix lines need to go under an info section. So info: will be indented 4 spaces, but prefix: and suffix: will be indented 6 spaces.

Edit: here, I tried to fix it: http://pastebin.com/pa6ghayq

6. Offline

Nadoomi

JaguarJo Thank you so much man <3

JaguarJo now I just need to add people to each group through /manuadd right?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  7. Offline

JaguarJo

Yup.

8. Offline

Nadoomi

JaguarJo I love you

JaguarJo One more question and I truly apologize.. Although the 'starter' group is set to default: true, new players do not automatically join it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  9. Offline

Necrodoom

Nadoomi which group do they join then? Type /manwhois.

10. Offline

Nadoomi

Necrodoom Oh, I derped.. I forgot there was no prefix set to it yet >.<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.