Solved Getting an argument from a command and using it as the name of a class.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by EscapeMC, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EscapeMC

@timtower I am just not understanding it, geesh. As I stated I have never had to work with instances before, and something new has to be learned.

I am just confused how to make this instance of the Arena class when it needs a String as a name, and with this, how the arena teams would be assigned to the arena specified by the sender.

EDIT

I do think I have gotten it though! I just thought of how to do it and boom I think it works in the way I want it to

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. Offline

Caderape2

@EscapeMC Creating an instance of a class, and understand how it work and how to use it, it's like learn how to walk for a kid, in java. You cannot go far if you don't know this.
    You should really stop for a moment the bukkit plugin, and get a serious look at java.

3. Offline

EscapeMC

I'm sorry for not understanding how to make an instance of a class within a class.
    But I figured it out myself.

@timtower and @Caderape2 Really quickly I wanted to thank you both. I have solved my own problem I was having with instances and such, and it was fairly easy once I got it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.