Generating custom strongholds and dungeons

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Spamversender, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Spamversender

In my plugin I want to generate custom structures (both structures which consists of random joined structure pieces and a big bounding box like strongholds and structures with only on piece like dungeons) on chunk generation.

Can someone give me a code example or a tutorial?

LG

2. Offline

Elation

3. Offline

MadMaxCookie

@Elation does that plugin giving him any hint how to create one ?

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Elation
    The creator of that plugin made a post this his plugin, and as such his code for generating those structures, do not work with updates above 1.8. This means that the plugin does not help him.

Also for future reference, it would be better to either recommend tutorials like This then to just post the link to a plugin without any further guidance.

@Spamversender
    What you should do is make a custom generator that will select a custom room and generate it at a base location. From there, add rooms wherever there are openings in the base room.

Spamversender likes this.
  5. Offline

Spamversender

can I use the method generateBlockSections of the class that extends ChunkGenerator to generate structures that have a bounding box across multiple chunks? In other words, is this method called for chunks whose neighboring chunks (e.g. 2 in each direction) aren't generated yet, so that I can generate a big structure started in the chunk given in this method?
    Or have I to put the generation code into a populator method (BlockPopulator)?

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  6. Offline

Spamversender

What I also want to achieve is to generate custom mines, strongholds and dungeons but the caves should be vanilla...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.