[GEN] General 3.6.2 (Webern) -- A plugin for general commands, now on BukkitDev! [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Celtic Minstrel, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

General 3.6.2 [Webern]
    NOTE: If you are updating from 3.4.1 or earlier, you must copy the aliases section from the sample config file into your own config file. If you don't do this, many commands will not work.
    Download from the BukkitDev page (Older versions | Source)

General provides a small set of basic commands for your server. See more details on the BukkitDev page.

General is a fork of Nijikokun's plugin. It adds a few commands to the original set provided by General.

Without Nijikokun's original General plugin, this plugin would never have been possible. Or at least, I would not have made it. General Essentials (the source of the /kit command) was created by wjykk and has had some input from cjc343. The SpawnMob plugin, from which I adapted the code for the /mobspawn command, was created by xmlns and is now maintained by jordanneil23.

I recommend using sk89q's CommandHelper in conjunction with this plugin. Starting from 3.4.5, there is a command-helper.txt file included with the download which you can copy to CommandHelper's config.txt for some handy aliases, such as /spawn and /home.

Differences from cjc343's now-inactive fork
    • Does not detect that another plugin has registered the same command.
    • /playerlist and /who are two separate commands
    • Different items.db format
    • Does not support setting or viewing the raw time.

2. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

The extension should be ".kits", and it goes in the plugins/General folder along with your config.yml and items.yml.

It's not an error, just a message informing you that the Help plugin (by tkelly) is not installed. If you want General to support help, you need to either install that plugin or put a player.help file in your General folder.

3. Offline

Deacal

Hey man, when I type /time it comes up with /time [<world>] [=|+|-]<time|duration> and /time add|set <time|duration>, so I write /time set night, but then /time [<world>] [=|+|-]<time|duration> and /time add|set <time|duration> comes back up! I think I got the command wrung -could you drop an example?

4. Offline

VaKe

Ok I updated permissions and it works like this now:
    I have have general.teleport enabled. My name is test and the other person is VaKe.
    "/tele VaKe" -Teleports me to VaKe
    "/teleport VaKe" - Teleports me to VaKe

5. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Either "/time night" or "/time set night" should work. If in doubt, leave out the "set".

Wait, it works now?

6. Offline

themanman0

Is there a way to see what general commands someone used, in-game or in the console?

7. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Not at present. It sounds like a reasonable idea, though. I'll add an option in 3.3 to log all successful command invocations to the console.

8. Offline

jedimaster0

line 1 in general.kits is improperly defined and is ignored
    this is what i wrote "dimondtools:276,277,278,279"
    can you give an example on how to use proper syntax on this?

9. Offline

cjc343

You are missing the delay. Each line should have name:item,list:delay so try putting ":1" on the end for a 1 second delay.

10. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I don't think that could possibly be due to this plugin... :|

11. Offline

jedimaster0

Thank you so much, that fixed it. Its the little things i miss that make the difference.

I added "permissions.system: permissions" to the config.yml. However it still says that it is using [basic <isOp>] for permissions.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  12. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Code:
    permissions:
        system: Permissions

13. Offline

Adam McFarland

Any idea when the next update will be available? plugin doesn't work [561+]

14. Offline

Racha

tp is not working ;/

15. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Ah, it does break in 561? I thought there was a chance it wouldn't. Oh well. Anyway, 561+ support should be in 3.3.1.

More detail please? :|

16. Offline

Racha

Well, it is just not working, idk.. ;///

I just updated to 3.2.3 from 3.2.2 and it is not working

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

Jan Tojnar

Is /repair and /slay playername|entityid in TODO list? I need these commands, but I don't know which plugin offering them won't collide with General.

18. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

@Racha - Are you using /tp? If so, try /tele instead.

@Jan Tojnar - /repair is not on the todo list at the moment; /slay is available (for players only) in the form of "/heal <player> -10".

If you point out plugins that offer /repair, I can probably tell you whether they will conflict with General.

Version 3.3
    • Added /mobspawn command, based on the code of SpawnMob (with permission); the name was chosen to not conflict with that plugin (which doesn't have quite the same features). Supports specifying sheep colour (or lack thereof) and slime size; note that the client won't correctly show a slime's size. Supports giants and (hostile) humans.
    • If you can't do something due to permissions, the error messages says what it is you can't do.
    • Fixed bug whereby the general.take.other permission was not correctly checked (thus anyone with general.take could take items from anyone).
    • You can now clear only part of your inventory: /clear quickbar, /clear pack, /clear armour. Yes, armor works as well. There's also /clear all, which does the exact same thing as /clear.
    • Fixed a bug in the /kit command that would reject some valid kit definitions.
    • Improved validation checks for items. You can now /give creaturebox-compatible mob spawners (requires creaturebox for full functionality).
    • The items.db file is no longer needed. If present, it will be read, and its data will be merged into the items.yml file. After first running CraftBukkit with General 3.3, you can delete the items.db altogether.
    • The items.yml is now overwritten whenever the plugin is disabled. This is important, because you can edit it _from the console_ using the new "/general item" command.
    • Added an option to log every time a command executes successfully. (Unsuccessful commands are not logged, because they will appear anyway in the log as an error message). Note that "executes successfully" just means there is no internal error. It doesn't mean the command actually did anything; it might have just printed usage notes to the sender.
    • The Help entries have been updated.
    • The internal help system has been improved. You can now put a file called <command-name>.help in your General folder, and its contents will be printed whenever a user types /<command> help. (The <command-name> must be the official name, so for example "teleport" rather than "tele".)
    • Fixed the /items command always showing usage notes.
    • Improved line-splitting algorithm.

The wiki hasn't yet been updated. It may be a few days before I get to that.

I haven't tested it, but I think it should be compatible with 561+. I know it's compatible with the spawnCreature() change (unless I missed something).

19. Offline

Jan Tojnar

This repair plugin
    Could you add slay as alias for heal -10, please? It would be very cool.

20. Offline

Adam McFarland

Any chance you have an approximate idea of when [561+] support will be available? I have been holding off upgrading my bukkit and other plugins because the thought or temporarily disabling General is...not an option.

21. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

It may be compatible with 561+ as it is. I haven't yet tested, though.

Possibly.

22. Offline

Adam McFarland

I've already tested it and it doesn't work unfortunately.

23. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

That's interesting, because I also have testimony from someone running 592 that it works fine (except mob spawning).

That said, the plan was for 3.3.1 to be built against the latest version. I doubt it'll be out before the weekend, since I'm swamped with end-of-term homework, but that's the plan.

24. Offline

Jan Tojnar

Maybe you could also add permission nodes for spawning of each of monster (like general.mobspawn.slime).

I already wrote that it would be great to have slay command. Here are some notes to heal command:
    Permission node general.heal.down (for /heal -#) would be cool too.
    Speaking about healing when i heal some player i will always see something like player was healed by 10.0 lives — it doesn't output correct number.
    You could make function doHeal returning amount that was player healed by. So you can use it on line 76 in Math.abs(amount).

But this isn't as important as following:

My kits aren't working. When i type /kit there will be no kits after colon. I'll check it once more again tomorrow but it worked before upgrade (to 3.3) so it should work now as well.

Last thing i want to thank you. You're doing good work with this plugin.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

25. Offline

Adam McFarland

This is the error message I get trying with bukkit 561, 591 and 592

[SEVERE] BLOCK_PLACED loading General v3.3 (Is it up to date?)java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: BLOCK_PLACED

26. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

That was supposed to be in there, actually. In fact, are you sure it's not?

Good idea. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that.

It's suppose to output the amount actually healed, not the amount you specified (ie if you're at 8.0 health and you /heal 6.0, you should see "You were healed by 2.0 hearts"). If that's not the case, I'd like an example of where it fails so I can fix it. :) Actually, from your suggestion, I think I know what you mean.

Can you post a server log? Do "general reload" at the console and post the entire output.

:)

Curiouser and curiouser. I don't even have a block placement handler anywhere in General. Can I see the stack trace? Also, what other plugins are you running?

27. Offline

Adam McFarland

With this test I was using:
    Bukkit: 561
    Permissions 2.5.4
    Minecart Mania: 1.5
    AdminChat:1.3
    Citizens: 1.7
    LimitSpawnsLite: 1.01
    NameChanger: 1.0
    SpawnControl. 0.7

When I updated to 3.3, the only default file I did not use was the config file, but I never had issues prior so I don't believe it's connected.

2011-03-28 17:00:38 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.5.4] (Phoenix) loaded
    2011-03-28 17:00:38 [SEVERE] BLOCK_PLACED loading General v3.3 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: BLOCK_PLACED
    at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onEnable(Permissions.java:153)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:453)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:217)
    at net.craftstars.general.security.PermissionsPermissionsHandler.<init>(PermissionsPermissionsHandler.java:23)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at net.craftstars.general.General.setupPermissions(General.java:174)
    at net.craftstars.general.General.onEnable(General.java:119)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:453)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:217)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:92)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:70)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:203)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:190)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:130)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:245)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

28. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Ahhh... this problem actually lies with Permissions, not General. Disable Permissions (or at least tell General not to use it), and it should work; you can either temporarily set up General to use isOp-based authentication (you need to supply a list of permissions in the config file which should be restricted to ops; see the wiki), or install GroupManager instead. I'd mention WorldEdit, but I think it's also broken on 561.

EDIT: Apparently the error doesn't actually prevent anything from working though, which I find to be rather odd.

29. Offline

Kevin Forte

So be honest with me here dev... Now that HunkleBerryGeneral is dead, do you think this is a formidable replacement? Everything in HBG was so nicely formatted in color and everything (I know, picky) but would I get the same thing with this? If not, tell me because I don't want to switch the plug and all of the permissions nodes AND all of the MCDocs instructions only to switch back xP

30. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I honestly have no idea what you're looking for. Perhaps if you link me to the other one I could give you a comparison based on its advertised features.

31. Offline

Jan Tojnar

It should but if i get the source code right it will send message with amount in command (if not present it will be 10).
    I suggest to save the return of function doHeal to amount. But you need to make doHeal returning the actual healed amount.

This is in console after i run general reload:
    Code:
    13:34:15 [INFO] [General-3.3] [DEBUG] [reload]
    13:34:17 [INFO] [General-3.3] Plugin disabled!
    13:34:18 [INFO] [General-3.3] [Codename: Dvorak] Plugin successfully loaded!
    13:34:18 [WARNING] [General-3.3] [Help] isn't detected. No /help support; instead use /general help
    This is output after /kit:
    Code:
    13:34:32 [INFO] [General-3.3] [DEBUG] []
    And console after server was started.