Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

slicerblade

Can someone help??
    Sorry im still new(newbie ahaaa)
    Code:
    SEVERE: null (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.bukkit.util.config.ConfigurationNode.getProperty(ConfigurationNod
    e.java:44)
            at org.bukkit.util.config.ConfigurationNode.getBoolean(ConfigurationNode
    .java:182)
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Settings.isNetherEnabled(Settings.java
    :109)
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsHome.onEnable(EssentialsHome
    .java:96)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:394)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:175)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:69)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:50)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:167)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:154)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:106)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:202)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

3. Offline

fatty888

i want to use multiple kits and here is my essentials config.
    # Restricted commands will only be available to ops.
    # These will have NO EFFECT if you have Permissions installed!
    # These are here only if you want something simpler than Permissions.
    restricted-commands:
    - bigtree
    - item
    - give
    - heal
    - plugin
    - time
    - tp
    - tphere
    - tree
    # Note: All items MUST be followed by a quantity!
    # Times are measured in seconds.
    kits:
    tools:
    delay: 10
    items:
    - 277 1
    - 278 1
    - 279 1
    # End of File
    kits:
    ranger:
    items:
    - 272 1
    - 298 1
    - 299 1
    - 300 1
    - 301 1
    - 262 128
    - 260 1

NINJA:
    items:
    - 4 1

i was testing to see if the ninja one will work but it said on minecraft that "that kit does not exist or improperly defined. perhaps an item is missing a quantity in its configuration?"
    If you can, can u give me a sample essentials with multiple kits done the right way? thank you

4. Offline

Aelux

Can you use pastebin, tinypaste or the code button here to display your log?

5. Offline

thegleek

and by you quoting the entire thing again made it better how?

6. Offline

Aelux

I didn't mean to quote the whole thing... I just was too lazy to quote part of it...

7. Offline

Brettflan

Wow, based on the recent commit log, Zenexer has been quite busy working on the source. :)

8. Offline

Aelux

You have NO idea lol... He's STILL hard at work... You all should praise him for such the dedication he has for this plugin and the community he knows he has to answer to...

9. Offline

bdot

I would just like to say thank you to Aelux for keeping us up to date on which builds we should be using. He really is doing a good job supporting all the questions, enough that I only had to read the last page of the thread to know exactly what I need to do to get a working nether. Thanks Aelux!

10. Offline

Aelux

Wow, thanks. That means a lot. [​IMG]

11. Can i haz answers to a few questions please ?
    1. What is new in this build
    2. What is with the new plugins (EssentialsWarp.jar, EssentialsHome.jar, etc)
    3. Is the bug where disabled commands would also disable those commands for other plugins fixed ?

Thanks in advance.
    Thank you Zenexer and all the devs for the great work you put into this project.

12. Offline

everhigh

has anyone figured out a way to disable mobs from spawning in the dev build?

and also thanks for making this great plugin!

13. Offline

Senzuri

I'm having a problem,

when I use /spawn it crashes the server, anyone else have this problem?

14. Offline

Aelux

1.) This new build was basically a restructuring of the code and some added implementation for exact spawning and group (using permissions) spawning.
    2.) This allows admins to decide which commands they want. Using the EssentialsWarp.jar will give you the warp command, but if you already use a plugin like MyWarp or Private Warp, you don't have to install it and thus no command conflicts will arise. The same goes for the other separate .jar files. The main Essentials.jar file is the one that contains all of your essential commands. Unless otherwise specified, it contains all commands that are NOT in separate jar files. I hope that makes sense to all of you.
    3.) No, because it's not a bug with essentials, it's a design flaw created by the latest CraftBukkit builds, which prevents commands from passing through.

I don't understand what's happening. Can you be more specific?

15. Thank you very much for the answer.
    Would love to see a build without the administration features (/kick, /ban,/banip,/unban,/pardon) some day :D Because i am using a custom plugin made by one of my devs for that. But then again.. this is just a personal thing.

16. Offline

everhigh

i'm running craftbukkit 271 and essentials dev build 210. in my server properties i have spawn-monsters=false, but when i do /world nether, all the mobs are spawned (like ghasts). I was wondering if there was a way to turn them off also, or maybe a way to stop ghasts from spawning :p i have this underworld area with lava over glass domes, and ghasts are spawning inside, its kinda dangerous lol

17. Offline

Aelux

There's no way to turn off monster spawning in the nether. That flag is only for the normal world right now, as even getting to the nether in the first place, is a mod (hack).

18. Offline

KiloWhiskey

I'd love to see the old hmod option of picking which mobs spawn on the server. Something in the config like 'hostile-mobs: creeper,zombie,skeleton' and it would stop spiders on the server. Should carry over to nether mobs.

19. Offline

everhigh

maybe if i do it in reverse, hellworld=true, then use worldguard to deal with creepers :p

ya i hope we can get that selective mobspawn functionality back eventually

20. I've tried the latest build, and to be honest i don't like it.
    Here are the reasons:
    - No /reloadall
    - Warps are all reset :(
    - Homes are all reset

Will the /reloadall command be re-implemented ? Also, can EssentialsWarps use the Essentials warps ? Because staritng from scratch with all the warps is a big no-no for me.

Also, here's a thought:
    Instead of making us get 4 plugins that do the same thing as one does, why not make more versionf of essentials:
    - one with all the components
    - one without warps and homes
    - one without administration features (/kick, /ban, /banip, /unban, /unbanip) but with warps and homes

Imo, this would be a much more better alternative

21. Offline

Clontarf[X]

Hi All,

Not been keeping up to date unfortunately with the latest CB/Essentials news. Can someone please tell me what the current stable version for CB and Essentials are? Having problems with now with latest not handling commands (probably CB's fault, as I learned before...)

22. Offline

everhigh

i created a warp, found out where the warp went, and pasted my old warps in

warps are now in plugins/EssentialsWarp/warps/

its the same thing with homes

23. Thanks for this!
    Where are the homes located ?

24. Offline

Reterg

Is the website to download the latest essentials.jar down? I can't seem to access it?

25. The split means you can pick and choose what features you want. What you want may not be what someone else wants. Also the way you outlined is more of a maint. headache as we would have to update 3 different places just do do one change.

You should not have to recreat homes / warps just copy the warps across and the homes are in users.yml

26. What about /reloadall ? :S that was a very very useful feature.

27. That *should* be in the main essentials.jar, if not I will look into it

28. Does not work for me. I would highly appreciate it.
    And please exccuse my initial reaction :p I don't handle change well :))

29. Offline

pabbie

Download source seems to be down =(

30. The webserver that hosts the download is up, just some isp's are having trouble getting to it
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 11:34 AM ---
    No worries :D I shall be attempting to move the ban functions out also

31. Offline

Ishikiwa

Yeah, I was just about to DL the new build so I can test it on my server before we stick it into a live one on my buddies computer xD. Darn it! If it's not too much to ask would someone mind uploading the new version somewhere else in the meantime?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.