Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

Aelux

He's using 256.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 10:11 AM ---
    @ementalo I'm going to pass the proverbial baton to you, so I can get some sleep. Night.

3. Offline

BigDaddy85

4. Offline

QQCucumber

Essentials could really use a way to keep from conflicting with other plugins. Since you can just now use the essentials version a command by prefacing it with e, it would be nice if all other plugins overwrote it.

5. Offline

Kane

I like this idea or even allow the option to be added. So I mean some who want it can and the some who don't want it don't have to.

6. This is down to how bukkit handles commands now, it cannot be helped. As bukkit is ever evolving we are hoping that there is a solution down the line. A manual fix would be to remove the command from the plugin.yml from within the jar and then zip that in the jar.

7. Offline

feverdream

If there is a clash, Im more than willing to help resolve it. The big issue atm seems to be the new onCommand/yaml stuff they forced on us, and the fact that two plugins that both ask for /time is not managed correctly. I am tempted to say this is a bukkit design problem, but I am more than willing to do anything I can to help resolve this issue.

8. Offline

Cosmic Break

what permissions do i give my groups in order to use the /world command?

9. Same thing for me, reported a bug @ bug database. Bug id 77 (if you want to track it) -> http://java.net/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=77

10. Offline

thegleek

Before I try out this /world nether.... Do you already need a nether world to exist in the folder like the normal world exists?

11. The nether world will be automatically generated when you first start the server (Provided you have Essentials #156 and latest CraftBukkit)

12. essentials.world

13. Offline

Reterg

Get the WormholeXtreme plugin. You can make transportation portals. They aren't shaped like Nether gates though. They are round like the stargates in the TV series. I use it with this plugin though I needed to download a patch that someone uploaded to the forum so it can be used with the Nether update. Probably won't be long before it is put in the actual plugin by the author though.

First go to the Nether with /world nether
    Find a safe place to make the stargate/wormhole.
    Once created, you can teleport to it when ever you want from other wormholes/stargates you have in the normal world. Works great for me.

14. Offline

rct2guy

So, let's say you go to Nether with /world nether. How do you get back to the original world? /world world?

15. /world normal

16. Offline

tremor

I was just requesting that /TPA be defaulted to denied if there is no response - that is a PLAYER feature... if I want admins or moderators to be able to teleport they get /TPO!! I think it's a pretty simple and functional request eh? The commands are there for the moderators with the override... the "teleport request" command could use the nerf. Make my life a bit easier eh.... I can't admin the server 24-7. Plus I only want VIP's to be able to use teleport features..... VIPS only become VIP by becoming a member of the servers web forums. I don't want a default player to reap the benefits of it, if their friend is a VIP. I think this a pretty understandable and common sense feature change/request.

My proposal is the following commands and actions.
    • /tpa & /tpahere - If there is no response from the target after X amount of time, the teleport request fails. Additionally, the teleport request immediately fails if the target does not have the /tpaccept or /tpdeny command permissions.
    This is not a nerf. Moderators and admins can still use the normal /tp and /tpo --- /tpa was obvisouly designed to be a player feature and not a moderator feature.

17. While i haven't noticed this until now, i agree that it would be useful to make the default action "DENY" if a player doesn't respond to a teleport request. It just seems the natural and intuitive thing to do.
    @tremor - Try submitting a bug report in the database (perhaps set the severity to enhancement) -> http://java.net/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=essentials

tremor likes this.
  18. Offline

tremor

oh thanks for the link.. as much as I hate signing up for more and more sites.. this is worth it, as I don't really want default players to reap the benefits of teleporting at all, if their buddy manages to obtain VIP.. too bad I didn't get that link earlier, now I feel bad for firing off a PM to Zenexer.. hate to bug the developers they are busy enough as it is.

19. Be sure to specify the craftbukkit and essentials builds in the bug report. You can get the bukkit build from the logs.

20. Doing it now

tremor likes this.
  21. Offline

Mercury

Hey, hi.

What permission do I need to set up to make /rules available to everyone?
    Its not written in wiki.

22. essentials.rules

23. Offline

tremor

I believe in your /permissions/config.yml set the default rank to have essentials.rules

Also take a look at the MCDocs plugin, for greater control over your documents... Essentials rocks, but MCDocs does a really good job of handling /rules, /motd and /whateverotherdocumentyouwant

24. Offline

WMisiedjan

Is it possible to disable only commads specific to Essentials. Like /home and /warp. Because they arn't compitable with myhome.

25. Offline

Incendia

You have to open plugin.yml in Essentials.jar and remove /home, /warp, and any other commands you don't want from that file. Save it, everything works again.

26. Offline

Kriss95

what is the permission for /world? Is it essentials.world ?

27. Offline

tremor

Most likely, haven't checked myself but this plugin has been pretty intuitive with permissions and commands... so I would go ahead and say yes to that without even researching it.

28. Offline

Kylergs

I get this error when I try to start up the Server.
    Code:
    2011-02-07 17:32:03 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.2_01
    2011-02-07 17:32:03 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-02-07 17:32:03 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-02-07 17:32:03 [INFO] Preparing level "planetoid1"
    2011-02-07 17:32:03 [INFO] Preparing start region
    Preparing spawn area: 4%
    Preparing spawn area: 44%
    Preparing spawn area: 73%
    2011-02-07 17:32:07 [INFO] WorldEdit 2.14.2 loaded.
    2011-02-07 17:32:07 [INFO] WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    2011-02-07 17:32:08 [INFO] [iChat] version [1.5] (Maria Holic) loaded
    2011-02-07 17:32:08 [INFO] WorldGuard 3.1 loaded.
    2011-02-07 17:32:08 [INFO] WorldGuard: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    2011-02-07 17:32:08 [INFO] WorldGuard: Single session is enforced.
    2011-02-07 17:32:08 [INFO] WorldGuard: TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
    2011-02-07 17:32:08 [INFO] WorldGuard: Lighters are PERMITTED.
    2011-02-07 17:32:08 [INFO] WorldGuard: Lava fire is PERMITTED.
    2011-02-07 17:32:08 [INFO] WorldGuard: Fire spread is UNRESTRICTED.
    2011-02-07 17:32:08 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.0] (Handler) loaded
    07-Feb-2011 17:32:08 org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer loadPlugins
    SEVERE: org.bukkit.Server.getWorlds()Ljava/util/List; (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getWorlds()Ljava/util/List;
        at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:121)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:285)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:175)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:60)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:45)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:177)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    2011-02-07 17:32:08 [INFO] Done! For help, type "help" or "?"

29. Offline

Ramoloss

me too

30. Offline

Aelux

To run the latest version of Essentials, you MUST have CB build 260 or higher. If the problem still persists, then you have a plugin which is conflicting with Essentials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.