Furniture Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Brutalmagic, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all.
    I was wondering if there is any type of furniture plugin for bukkit?. for 1.10.2?. If not i think it would be cool if someone could make one as it will be good for decorative things.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Brutalmagic How would it work? What would it look like? What would it do?

3. @timtower When i said furniture plugin i mean like it will have sofa's, radio's, chairs, tables, lamps, fridge, freezer, oven, curtains, draws etc. It will just add a bit more decorative stuff to the game and anyone would be able to use it and they could even add in outside furniture stuff too like gazebo's, BBQ's, outdoor stuff etc. It will just make it so players can have more options to use to make their house look more homely.

4. Online

@Brutalmagic And how would it work? We can't add new blocks with plugins.

5. @timtower I was just asking if there was any is all, but an idea i had was you would receive a book that had a couple of options in one for the interior items and the other would be for the outdoor exterior items and then a cube would appear to help guide where they want to put it and you could use the mouse wheel to turn the item around or a button to do that on your keyboard and you can just click to place it down. But i don't know if that's optional for plugins.

6. Online

@Brutalmagic Plugins don't have that much access to the client.

7. @timtower also for the fridge you can store food in their to stop them from rotting which could be implemented in the config file (the rotting bit that is)

@timtower What do you mean?. But do you think it's a good idea?.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  8. Online

@Brutalmagic I mean that we can't add new blocks to the game. We can't add fancy looking chairs or sofa's.
    We can only use what is already in the game.

9. Online

@Brutalmagic Because mods are installed client side.
    Plugins are not.
    And that is spoutcraft = mod

10. @timtower Oh i see :/. Eh was worth a try lol.

11. Offline

Kaelinator

Well, there IS in fact a way to do this! Check this video out:

It uses armor stands and items to resemble furniture. One downside is that a lot of armor stands must be made to create high detail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ipodtouch0218 and DoggyCode™ like this.
  12. Offline

Naftoreiclag

I think "DiceFurniture" is what you are looking for. It doesn't require any mods on the client.
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/dicefurniture-plugin-möbel-plugin.6006/

(It's completely free to use and download as of posting, so I don't think I'm breaking rule 6.)

It's made with Spigot (alternative to Bukkit) in mind, but I think that all Spigot plugins also work with Bukkit. It also advertises that it works with 1.10, although I've personally only tested it in 1.11.

Also has some of the "functional" furniture you are looking for, like food-cooking props.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.