[FUN] SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by WegFetZ, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

WegFetZ

SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server!

Version: v0.1

CustomMusic is back! Now as SoundCenter!

SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime.
    It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
    In the future SoundCenter will add a lot of cool audio features to minecraft, such as sound effects on events.

To give you a very little idea of what it does (video is not up-to-date):

More info on:

or on BukkitDev

Features:
    • You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
    • Stations can either play your own music or sound effects, or webradio streams
    • You can also play music globally on the whole server
    • You can upload your own music files easily via the SoundCenter client
    • Supported audio formats: mp3, midi, ogg (for webradio only)
    • Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the clients user interface
    • Every feature is configurable and you can limit access with permissions
    Extra Features:
    • Voice chat
      • SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
      • You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
      • But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
      • You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
    • many more to come
    How does it work?

Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what to do now?
    It's easy: Login to your server. If you are not running the client yet, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. If you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server.
    Press connect - now you can add and upload your songs in the "Music" tab, or add biomes or worlds to your stations. If you want to set boxes and areas, you can do this ingame via /sc set <area|box>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates.
    You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.

For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit the HOW TO USE section on BukkitDev.

Before you post any Issues/ Bugs:

Goblom, Maxster99, gnftoxic and 10 others like this.
  2. Offline

WegFetZ

3. Offline

Beldrama

4. Offline

PsychoUprising

songReceiver couldn't open InputStream: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
    How do i fix it?

5. Offline

lunt13

I have made numerous attempts to get this plugin working with my server and it just seems too convoluted to work. I tried many scenarios and read through all of the posts here and none of them were able to help with the issue of not being able to add songs to the playlists, I get an error and it's crashed the server on multiple occasions. Hopefully you can make use of that information, but I cannot use the plugin if it's going to crash the server and flood it with errors. Followed the videos step by step and nothing works, I would deem this incompatible with the current bukkit build, but you say it's up to date, I still beg to differ, or you have a non-working plugin for the time being. I would love to make use of this plugin, but it needs a lot of work it would seem.

6. Offline

goofy_nbh

what do i put for my port??

7. Offline

Sharked

I installed the plugin, and it worked it well this morning. But i don't know what happened, the music of diffrent users work separatly. I can start my music, nobody listen it, and that's the same for the others. And when I try to play music which comes from others player (/cm play {other player} 1), it say "Playing...!", but nothing happened. And of course, I don't listen, and that's the same him. I check in the Music folder, and I have the music of my friend.
    How can I fix it ?

8. Offline

Azatha

This is a great mod, and we love using this on our server. I have a suggestion though, if you'd consider it. On my server we are each setting up area's with themes. Sort of an RPish thing. There's only a few of us, and we're each making multiple areas. I was hoping to add songs to taverns, and a different song to each zone we make. I found, however, that when I upload more than 1 midi, the boxes and areas cycle through all the songs I've uploaded. Would it be possible to add a feature or a command to place a box or set a box to only play one specific song? So that I could say, set one song as a theme tune for one town, and then the next town over plays another, both songs having been uploaded by me.

9. Offline

neoteknic

maybe need a mod to integrate it to minecraft but may be difficult to do, need ogg and he-aac support, mp3 is the worse codec.

10. Offline

antoton

For some reason when i create an area, i can't decently choose my song : the songlist seems scambled for areas and changes everytime i try to choose a song, while the songlist itself stays unchanged and boxes do work perfectly with the songlist.
    Also when i create an area, i get hundreds of copies of it, causing to have to delete all my files when i want to delete that one area, since i can't /cm deletearea * all of them, it's seemingly endless...
    so if i do /cm arealist i get something like this:
    Area-Nb: a2| all that stuff
    Area-Nb: a2| same stuff
    Use /cm arealist 2 to see more areas
    And in arealist 2 the same :/
    every area a 2 is exactly the same.
    Biggest problem is that when i use /cm achoose 2 * it won't be set on that song and will continue to shuffle through my songs, and even use songs i uploaded but deleted.

Strangely though, my area 1 is working just fine, but also has about 10 copies before i made area 2

11. Offline

VitaminBoy

Connected!
    andrypedak registered! Log into Minecraft within 60s.
    Use '/cm init' if the audioclient doesn't initialize automatically.
    Server couldn't verify your IP. Make sure you entered the right name.
    Connections closed.

What is the Broblem of it? HELP

12. Offline

Azatha

We have the same problem on our server. I have to go in and manually delete the copied areas because they won't delete with the in-game command.

13. Offline

ctepchik

This is already possible for a long time. You shoul just type "/cm songlist yournick 1" than watch the number of song you want to use, than type "/cm bchoose nameofbox songnumbersseparatedby,"

14. Offline

Azatha

Ah, that's actually what we've been doing. I had originally thought thats what that feature would do. But for everyone on my server, when we upload more than one song it plays that song we choose and then cycles through the whole playlist. We can't get the boxes to only play one song. Could it be some weird bug, then?

15. Offline

Vodac120

any possibility of an update to make it compatible with java7?...its really gotten to the point of almost being needed. With the amount of things that are slowly being needed with java7 (minecraft items included) it would be nice to finally have this up to par

16. Offline

KingStrafeIV

Hey man,

First off I would like to say, great work on the plugin. It was pretty much what I was looking for, and the only one like it that I could find. Now on to the comments/suggestions.

(note: Im running this on 1.2.4)

1. I've noticed that when you set an area, the music is louder near the middle of the cuboid. To counter this i've been setting the area lower than the actual area. But am I doing something wrong, or is this just a bug?

2. The fade with areas doesn't seem to work at all for me. The moment you leave the area the music stops, no matter what I set the f-range to be.

3. It would be nice if you could set a jukebox to a particular song, instead of it going through your whole songlist.

4. It would also be nice if I could set a default volume for the server.

Everything else seems to be working well. Good job!

17. Offline

noelcjf

others cant hear my song???

18. Offline

Spongebob1212

This plugin doesn't work for my hamachi server anymore.

19. Offline

chopstick121

does it work for craftbukkit 1.2.4-R1.0

how come when i setbox later on 2 song play at the same time??

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  20. Offline

japppie8

how can i give audioclient permission to write in my music folder

21. Offline

RobeS

I hear my music in my server but other doesn't. Do they need AudioClient to hear my music?
    Or i did something wrong, or need some command to play one song that anyone can hear it

22. Offline

FlawlessSin

anyone know the PEX format for this? Whenever I type - cm.maxMidiFiles (any number here) it always limits it to the default I changed the default but I also don't want others able to upload (for the sake of the song content and copyrights).

Others also can't hear my music. They have the clients running, but they can't download the songs I have. How do they do it, or is it even possible? So far I've only experienced people hearing their own music (not mine) and I don't want that to be like it. I want everyone to hear the same thing.

I haven't tried boxes yet, I've just been using the play or global play settings, is that for personalized playlists or am i just completely wrong?

23. Offline

Buckethead

You need to wait for them to download the music. it happens automatically once they do if they log out then back in it should be fine

1.2.5 update?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  24. Offline

DraqzVI

Can you please update to v1.2.5 ? It would be nice!

25. Offline

Buckethead

In what way do i have to worry about this legally. Isnt this file sharing and piracy?

26. Offline

Azatha

1.2.5 want!

27. Hi people how do I get it out there that my leuft webradio soundangels.eu unfortunately I have found nothing so far who can help me?

radio data:
    http://soundangels.net:1990

28. Offline

lukelumia800

pleas update this amazing plugin, i want it!!!
    pleas update to 1.2.5-r1.0 :)

29. Offline

Dreeass

Can you make a mod for the clientside instead of a seperate client?

30. Offline

Talocitie

"In what way do i have to worry about this legally. Isnt this file sharing and piracy?"
    Depends rather what your sharing doesn't it? No one is going to sue you for sharing your own voice...

Anyway, my areas aren't working. I select two, assign it one of my songs, and I walk though it and nothing plays. Everything else works fine, just not areas or blocks. Other players can however hear when I play the music globally, but none of us can hear defined areas or blocks.

31. Offline

TheOneRelic

I've been looking for something like this for forever. Thank You very much. I have just one question. How do you add music?