Inactive [FUN/MISC] zombieattack v0.4 - Zombies will break blocks to get to you [803+] Working in 1.6

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by JoeJoeMcBean, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

zombieattack - Zombies will break blocks to get to you
    Version: v0.4
    Uses Permissions (Tested with v3.0.3).​
    Honors WorldGuard regions (Tested with 5.0-alpha10).​

0.4 -
    Improvement on zombie digging. Seems to work much better, and doesn't get the block stuck at the feet.
    Also added some logic around the null thread issues that creep up, looking for feedback please.
    Additional note on permissions. I had to add - 'zombieattack.user.enabled' to the Default group to get it to work. Relying on '*' inheritence from Admins didn't seem to do the trick.

Description:
    Want to add some additional difficulty to survival? This plugin will allow zombies to break blocks of your choice to get to the targetted player. You choose the blocks you want zombies to be able to break and the time in seconds it takes for the zombie to break that block type. WorldGuard can be used to protect regions from zombieattacks. Permissions lets you set what player/group is under attack.

The default enabled settings in blocks.config (block type, time to break):
    Show Spoiler

DIRT,4
    GRAVEL,3
    GRASS,4
    LEAVES,3
    SAND,3
    COBBLESTONE,5
    WOODEN_DOOR,5
    WOOD_DOOR,5
    WOOD,5
    FENCE,5
    SNOW_BLOCK,2
    WOOL,3
    GLASS,2

For example: A zombie targets you in your sand walled home. The zombie will come up to the wall and in 3 seconds will break out that block of sand in front of it. This will continue until one of you are dead or you leave the server.

Download jar here (or from the attached file below):
    zombieattack.jar

Installation:
    Copy the zombieattack.jar file to your plugins directory. The plugin will create the plugins/zombieattack folder, zombieattack.config, and blocks.config with default settings.

Features:
    Honors WorldGuard regions, can set which regions zombie's do not attack.​
    Set permissions for players/groups under zombie attack.​
    Customizable breakable block list with timers. Full list here under Enum Constant Summary section.​
    Source included in the jar.​

Permissions:
    Show Spoiler

zombieattack.user.*​
    zombieattack.user.enabled​

TODO:
    Show Spoiler

Multiworld support (work started)​
    code clean up​

Changelog:
    Show Spoiler

Version 0.3
    Fixed the non-breaking blocks when worldguard is enabled but zombie not in a region.​
    Fixed that ENTITY_TARGET spam​
    Version 0.2
    Allows for not having WorldGuard and/or Permissions​
    Version 0.1
    Release​

Attached Files:

2. Offline

Legolas75893

Aw soz D:. PM me here? Speaking of my server... JoeJoe, wanna get on tonight?

Edit: lolthat's what she said.

3. Offline

Shay Williams

Mm, very good work on the plugin. Small request though, make it so torches/saplings/crops can be broken as well?

4. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

You pretty much can. I just didn't include everything in the default config. Take a look here for the other options you can use from the Enum Constant Summary section.

So for example to enable crop breaking, add this to your blocks.config:
    Code:
    CROPS,3

Let me know if that helps! (I've updated the features section to point this out as well, thanks)

5. Offline

byzantinian

This plugin is hilariously awesome. Players always cower behind their dirt huts and wooden doors at night fall, now they'll feel the wrath of a zombie horde and wish they'd used cobblestone MWUAHAHAHA.

6. Offline

Dominic

Great plugin! Does this need WorldGuard to work though?

I keep getting the following error:

Code:
    [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-7"
    [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.entity.Creature.isDead()Z
    [SEVERE] at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:32)
    [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Am I doing something wrong? I do not have WorldGuard installed and I use a * for the zombieattack.config

Thank you for your time!

7. Offline

Elaeth

I'm a complete tool >< I was running 617, apologies. Quite new to running a server and adding in plugins, kind of stumbling along learning from every painful mistake I make :p Downloading the latest now and will see how it goes, if it still doesn't work then it's a compatibility issue with another plugin and I will work it out :) Ty for your time, also it sounds like dominic up there ^ might be having the same prob

8. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

lol good to know about cb617, I'll try cb617 as well to see if I get the same errors, but really it looks like we'll all be headed to the build for 1.5x here soon enough :)

Thanks for the follow up!

Elaeth likes this.
  9. Offline

Legolas75893

Love bump<3 Great plugin! Love it<3.

10. Offline

kahlilnc

1.5 CB 709?

11. Offline

RomaClanServer

Could there be a way to enable zombies to tunnel down? I have problems with people forgoing my hardcore environment by just living underground.

12. Amazing plugin THX I love it :)

13. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

I'll look into it! Can't have those players hiding too easy :)

I plan on re testing my plugins and updating once the next recommended build comes out. From what I understand things seem to be working fine in 1.5 so far, but I haven't really tested. Any feedback is welcome!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  14. Offline

kahlilnc

My bad I meant to say it works with 709 after i left this comment when I tested it.

15. Offline

haita

This plug-in is very much needed, and I thank you for what you've managed so far. It does need to be updated though, as I'm getting error messages with 714 on respawn:
    Code:
    2011-04-25 23:59:07 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-12"
    2011-04-25 23:59:07 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-04-25 23:59:07 [SEVERE]     at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:32)
    2011-04-25 23:59:07 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-04-25 23:59:07 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-15"
    2011-04-25 23:59:07 [SEVERE]     at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:32)
    2011-04-25 23:59:07 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-14"
    It's also only partly usable because the zombie doesn't break the bottom block, but I've noticed they do come through if I dig a 1x1 hole behind the wall and stand in it. Also I too would like to see zombies tunnel down and have configurable stats. For my own suggestions, the option to customize the targeted message and allow other mobs to break blocks would be ideal.

16. Offline

Zarius

Running RB733 - works well except Zombies don't destroy the bottom block, as mentioned above. This means that if you are in an enclosed house they just dig out the wall at eye level and stare at your through the hole :D Tunnelling down would be cool - could end up with a lot of messy holes though...

17. Offline

Arcaian

Really cool plugin ! Could it please be updated for 733 though, as the annoying glitch stated above ruins it. If you have other stuff going on then, thats OK. But if you think there is no intrest, there definetly is.

18. Offline

Pomme72

YEAH please update it for 733 it's the greatest plugin i've ever seen :D

19. Time for some NAZI ZOMBIEEEESSS!!!
    :D

Moridar likes this.
  20. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

Thanks for the feedback guys. Now that a recommended build is up, I'll get to testing and work on the block issue with zombie's.

21. Offline

Dominic

Woo! I hope all goes well! This is an awesome plugin!

One request possibly? I know this plugin is directed twords zombies...but how difficult would it be to have an option to select what mobs you want to be able to dig? I was just thinking of a Giant zombie that dug 4x4 holes in everything lol.

22. Offline

Moridar

One more idea. Possibly be able to set a goal, or region, that the zombies will want to get to? Or, set up a range, like area, that the zombies will detect or follow you in. I am making a zombie siege map, and would love it! You get that stuff in, as well as multi-world support, and I promise you $10 USD minimum from my server.

23. Offline

Noxturno

Great !!!! love your work Keep it up I check out you other plugins too :) works on 733 so far no bugs

24. Offline

Legolas75893

Lovebump<3 Amazing plugin! Everyone loves it :D

RomaClanServer likes this.
  25. Offline

RomaClanServer

I second that

26. Offline

Legolas75893

Hehe<3 who doesn't? Glad you thought of me/us when you made the plugin :D

27. Offline

WaterFalcon

thank you so much. :D

my friend has been wanting something like this for months now.

this, and a shotgun mod...

28. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

Thanks for the love gang.
    I've put up a link to a 'test' version if you wouldn't mind trying it out. Ive set it up so the zombie will now break two blocks at once (either up or down) depending on where your location is to it. So if youre above it should break 2 going up, or 2 going down if you are lower. Hopefully this lets a zombie have a chance to climb up a hill towards you or hopefully will be able to dig down more. Testing feedback welcome!

29. Offline

WaterFalcon

i just downloaded this plugin and i am running Craftbukkit 740. lost of lag, and this on my server.

the zombies did break blocks, and did follow me. there was just lost of lag.

(new to this. don't know how to make a spoiler)
    [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-27"
    2011-05-01 20:53:05 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-05-01 20:53:05 [SEVERE] at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:32)
    2011-05-01 20:53:05 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-05-01 20:53:05 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-28"
    2011-05-01 20:53:05 [SEVERE] at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:32)
    2011-05-01 20:53:05 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-30"
    2011-05-01 20:53:11 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-96"
    2011-05-01 20:53:11 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-05-01 20:53:11 [SEVERE] at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:32)
    2011-05-01 20:53:11 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-05-01 20:53:14 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-132"
    2011-05-01 20:53:14 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-05-01 20:53:14 [SEVERE] at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:32)
    2011-05-01 20:53:14 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-05-01 20:53:18 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-165"
    2011-05-01 20:53:18 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-05-01 20:53:18 [SEVERE] at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:32)
    2011-05-01 20:53:18 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-05-01 20:54:21 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

and then i stopped the server.

i hope this helps you fix it in some way.

30. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

@WaterFalcon
    You running permissions and worldguard?

EDIT: or as a side thought - friendlies?

31. Offline

Asymetrikon

Hi.
    I have a little question.
    Do Zombies only break Blocks for players who have the permission?
    So i can set one World where Zombies are acting normal and one where they break Blocks?