Inactive [FUN/MECH] ObserverCube v1.5.1 - Explore anywhere with impunity (based on MagicCarpet) [803]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by marinating, May 2, 2011.

1. Offline

marinating

ObserverCube - The Better Way To Travel.
    Version: v1.0

ObserverCube is in many ways a step up from simple flying mechanisms like Magic Carpet
    (which I love and adore). The protection extends to fully encapsulate the user, and a
    handy dandy layer of lightstone protects you from monsters. To prevent glitches involving
    duplicating glass and lightstone, players in Cubes are prevented from coming too close
    to one another. Player are also barred from breaking their Cubes, to deter players from
    sinking deep underground and mining at their leisure without having to set out with
    torches or anything to ward off danger. ObserverCube is meant to be a tool for observation
    and surveying, not cheating at the game. While you can pass through walls completely
    undetected, these features come with power and responsibility not found with simpler plugins.

<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Be warned. Due to the way Minecraft is coded (beyond my control) touching a door, bed, or other non-block placeable item (including crops) will destroy it. Touching a chest will empty the chest of its contents. Touching a sign will remove its text (but not its direction). Again, there is no known fix for this- it has to do with the way the data values are stored. You must add the names of the blocks you wish to avoid in the config file so the Cube will keep you at a safe distance.</font>
    <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Good news: wool colors work now! This is the only block that doesn't seem to lose its "special data" when run over by a Cube.</font>

<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">
    Show Spoiler

</font></font>

Features:
    * Pass straight through solid objects, which are reconstructed once you leave the area.
    * Prevents players from coming too close to one another in Cubes, so no item duping.

* Permissions: 'oc.cube', 'oc.interact', and 'oc.kickall'
    * Allows for unrestricted movement in 3 dimensions, but will not let you pass through bedrock.
    * Completely command controlled: "/oc" with arguments "on", "off", and "lights".
    * Bonus /kickall command removes all players except the user.
    * Shiva mode destroys everything the cube touches.

More on Permissions:
    'oc.cube' allows players to generate the cube using /oc on and /oc off. Lights are toggled with /oc lights.
    'oc.cube' allows players to break the blocks of the cube and to reach outside of it. Can be used for risk-free mining.
    'oc.kickall' allows the /kickall command for clearing the server of players before closing. Cubes may inadvertently be saved to the world if the server crashes/closes with a player still logged on and with a cube around them, which may become an eyesore later.
    'oc.ignore' allows the /oc ignore command for ignoring protected blocks. (Secret command)
    'oc.shiva' allows the /oc shiva command which destroys all blocks that the cube passes over. (Secret command)

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Changelog:
    Version 1.0
    * Release.

Version 1.5
    * Added configuration file
    * Added block protection
    * Added move radius specification (higher number for less lag, lower number for better response)
    * Added 'oc.ignore' and /oc ignore to toggle block protection
    * Added 'oc.shiva' and /oc shiva to destroy blocks that the cube passes over

Version 1.5.1
    * Added 5x5 using /oc 5 (switch back with /oc 3)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
    JWhy and Noppoly like this.
  2. Offline

TheChinski

I'd love to see this working with 1.2...

And just a suggestion/query, would it be possible to, say, design whatever you wanted to fly on (be it a cube, pyramid, Flying carpet) ingame and use that as the platform?

Thanks,

3. Offline

marinating

You might want to look into MoveCraft for that.
    I'll update this plugin in the future, but it's inactive until then.

4. Offline

superbp

Why Is It A Zip File When I download it?

5. Offline

generaldon

Does this work with 1.2.5?

6. Offline

??!

Hi, I have an error:
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\ObserverCube.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/player/PlayerListener
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:149)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:213)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:189)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:166)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/player/PlayerListener
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at com.marinating.WildAmazing.ObserverCube.ObserverCube.<init>(ObserverCube.java:26)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:145)
        ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerListener
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        ... 27 more
    Pls help me...

at the Server start.

any other Plugins needed??
    I have Vault.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  7. Offline

playhaloty9

What version of bukkit it this plugin for?

8. Offline

marinating

This is inactive now, unless enough people want me to update it for the latest version.

9. Offline

SolarPrizm

I really want this to work :) I got all excited about putting it in today and sadly I got the above errors. Pretty sure its the PlayerListener call that doesn't exist/changed names. Please bring it back! :D

10. Offline

Ahmet66

Please bring this back i need an plugin like this but i cant find one