Fix TPS

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MegaNarwhal, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Offline

MegaNarwhal

Plugin category: FIX

Suggested name: FixTPS is fine, don't care what it's called as long as it works :p

What I want: Mobs are the #1 cause of lag on my servers. Zombie AI takes up 25% of the main thread. Today, my vanilla survival server running Spigot was getting 8 TPS due to a large amount of skeletons in the world. So, I thought of a plugin that would solve this.

Basically what the plugin should do is check the TPS every 30 seconds, and if it has dropped below a configured number (maybe 15 by default), all monsters and ambient mobs will be removed from the world to bring the TPS back up. Even though they also cause lag, the plugin should not kill pets or farm animals.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: fixtps.notify: Players with this permission should be notified when the plugin has killed all monsters and ambient mobs to increase TPS.

When I'd like it by: Within a week :)

2. Offline

AndyMcB1

Minecraft can only run off one thread I believe. So when you say 25% of the main thread, you mean the thread?

timtower likes this.
  3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

MegaNarwhal You could also changes some numbers so the amount of mobs gets decreased, and how is this plugin supposed to check if the mob is part of a farm?

4. Offline

MegaNarwhal

AndyMcB1 Yes, ever since the zombie AI was changed it uses a lot of resources.
    timtower The reason that I requested this plugin is because I want normal amounts of monsters in the world unless it's decreasing server performance, in which case they are killed off to restore stability.

5. Offline

MegaNarwhal

I can't be the only person who has thought of this :p I'm aware that NoLagg does something similar but I only want it to limit the number of mobs if it's causing the TPS to suffer.