[FIX/MECH] NoOrbsPlease v1.1! -Get rid of all those laggy orbs! [1317-1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Deleted user, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Deleted user

NoOrbsPlease - The Super Simple Plugin That Gets Rid Of Orbs!
    THIS PLUGIN HAS MOVED TO BUKKITDEV. SUPPORT WILL BE GIVEN HERE, BUT IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU GO TO THE BUKKITDEV LINK INSTEAD OF THIS ONE! THIS PAGE WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED.

Version: 1.1
    Requires: CraftBukkit 1317+
    Description:
    NoOrbsPlease is a super simple plugin that gets rid of those useless orbs that make your server so laggy! Made by ShootToMaim, this is a premium plugin that is sure to help your server become lag-free! You don't even need those confusing permissions plugins!
    Why would experience orbs create lag on my server?
    Minecraft processes each experience orb at a time. Let's say you blew up 50 creepers with a few blocks of TNT. Each creeper would drop about 5 orbs? Well Minecraft would have to process 250 experience orbs! And if you didn't pick up the orbs, Minecraft would STILL be processing the experience orbs! Now THAT's a lot of lag! If you don't believe me, try it yourself!
    YOUTUBE SHOWCASE OF NOORBSPLEASE!

Features:
    • Super simple!
    • Makes your server less laggy!
    INSTALLATION FOR DUMMIES!:

Don't know how to install a plugin for CraftBukkit? That's ok!
    After running CraftBukkit, you'll notice that a plugins folder is generated. Download NoOrbsPlease.jar, and put the .jar file into the plugins folder. Run CraftBukkit, and KABOOM!: you just installed NoOrbsPlease!

Downloads:
    DOWNLOADS CAN BE FOUND ON THE BUKKITDEV PAGE.

Todo:
    • Distribute XP based on the damage done by the person who got the killing blow.
    • Automatically give XP to the person who got the killing blow.
    Changelog:
    NoOrbsPlease v1.1:
    -Compiled against the latest Recommended Build
    NoOrbsPlease v1.0:
    -Released the plugin!

Errors:
    If you receive any errors AT ALL, please post them here or send me a ticket on BukkitDev.

Credits:
    -Team Shoot for making this plugin with me! (My modding team!)

hammale and NightScope like this.
  2. Offline

Punchin

Is there a way to automatically give the exp to the person who got the killing blow? Or even better, distribute it based on damage done? That would make the orbs 100% not needed and speed up collection of exp.

3. Offline

Deleted user

Sorry for the late response... Bukkit didn't notify me that you had posted on this thread.
    What do you mean by distribute it? Like, the person who got the killing blow gets the XP based on the amount of damage done?
    I suppose I could do that...

4. Offline

blasterweb

Yes, I'm also looking for a plugin that manages XP without the need for orbs. This could allow players to enchant, and at the same time disabling the orbs, because they are no longer needed then.
    But only the player who got the killing blow should get XP.

Deleted user likes this.
  5. Offline

wsurfer852

Ya, having the exp added directly to you instead of picking up the orbs sounds like a great idea! That is what you meant, right?

Deleted user likes this.
  6. Offline

Deleted user

Already going to implement it, as well as update this plugin to RB 1597.
    @wsurfer852

7. Offline

blasterweb

Thanks man! Please reply to me when it's made, because I'll download it instantly :d (if you want and remember it :p)
    But for now: Merry Christmas!

Deleted user likes this.
  8. Offline

Deleted user

Merry Christmas!

9. Offline

wsurfer852

Thanks, Merry Christmas everyone.

10. Offline

Buckethead

Saw u made this plugin to thought about using. however being a small server u say that even if the orbs are left alone they are still being procesed individually. however i do a restart like every 6 hours so since im a small server that should work fine for me right

11. Offline

Deleted user

Yes.

12. Offline

Deleted user

This plugin has been abandoned by ShootToMaim due to low interest, and now that Minecraft needs to use EXP to make potions and whatever.