FIREWORKS!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Planitia, Feb 22, 2011.

?

Do you liek my ideas?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2011.
  1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. NO GTFO!

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Offline

Planitia

Can someone make a fireworks mod?

We need fireworks for the grand opening of our capital city.

Perhaps crafted from Sulfur paper and dyes to colour it :D

2. Offline

xTom

this would be a client mod

3. Offline

Planitia

Nah. Server mod. :p

I actually have no idea how java works at all let alone minecraft. But i'm sure with great difficulty it's possible.

4. Offline

xTom

no its not possible! there is no feature in the game that supports different colour explosions

5. Offline

Planitia

Could it be a server mod that requires a client mod for players to actually see what's happening?

6. Offline

xTom

this could be possible, but i dont know anyone willing to design a plugin AND a client mod just for a little firework.

7. Offline

Yogoda

It is possible as a server mod only by making an animation with colored wool blocks + torches, should look nice :)

8. Offline

Gesh

I made this on Sunday, but I can't get the effect looking right, can't be TnT, can't be Lava so it has to be Nether Rock on Fire or you won't be able to see it in the dark.

9. Offline

Edward Hand

Did you try lightstone?

10. Offline

Adondriel

i want fireworks lol :)

11. Offline

Sol

Your logic is a concern... you do realise that quite a lot of mods out there "do not have a feature in the game that supports it" because the programmer of the plugin ADDS the features? Right? Wow... just take a chill pill and stop telling everyone in every thread you have posted in that (ABC) isn't possible. Sheesh.

I for one think this would be a cool idea :D

A combination of coloured wools and glowstone... you could probably edit the wool values (for wool which is part of the "explosion") so that it emits light in the same way glowstone does.

~Sol

12. Offline

Planitia

Thats what i thought. And thanks Sol :D

This was just a sparratic idea we (I) have over at our server. But it would be a cool novelty feature.

13. Offline

radarwolf

14. Offline

Planitia

15. Offline

radarwolf

ehm its called firework

16. Offline

Planitia

I know.