Fire on wood won't stay on

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Spl1tz, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Spl1tz

So right now i'm trying to set a fire on wood to light up some places, the problem is the wood won't stay on fire. I tried turning on spread fire to see if its got anything to do with it, so fire spreads but sets off after 3 sec. +the blocks (like stone) adjacent to the wood always get lit on fire, is it normal? I've never seen stones lit on fire before.

Plugins is use which i suspect to be causing it:
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    Guardian

2. Offline

mughi

argh.. i swear i hit post..

Anyhow.. if you are trying to get forever burning wood, it has been fixed in bukkit (apparently notch will be fixing it in the main code shortly). Use netherstone.

Your fire spreading problem sounds like something I ran into last night. I created a 3x3 fireplace out of netherstone, put a half step border around it. then, one block above the border, i placed a ring of double half steps. Above that, but in 1 (so 3x3 again) i put a ring of lightstone. Above that is a wood roof/floor. Lit the fireplace, no problem.

Then i built another fireplace on the floor above, using the same pattern. I screwed up and set the floor on fire, so i had to put it out using /ex (worldedit). Now whenever I try to relight the bottom fireplace, the ring of double half blocks catches on fire, which sets the roof on fire.

I assumed I was doing something stupid or had outdated plugins. I'll be updating later today.

What version of craftbukkit and world edit are you using?

also, what is the spreadfire setting you mentioned?

3. Offline

Spl1tz

Thx for the reply
    Using build #257 atm and i always check the forums for the latest update of WorldEdit and Worldguard.
    The spreadfire settings in Worldguard or Guardian disables fire usage or fire spread, i use it to avoid grieving or accidents (yes i have clumsy players ^^ ) with buckets (its usage can also be disabled)
    I thought it coulda been some code mistakes in that setting but i'll just replace fire with netherstones then.

Quick offtopic!
    Do you know how i can get infinite build range???

4. Offline

mughi

um.. not even sure what that is, so sorry no :(

update: tried on my test server. same behavior observed with craftbukkit 231 and worldedit 3.2.2
    (i know they are not the latest, just reporting my version)

also, just for the heck of it, i let the floor burn up (it was a copy of the world anyhow).. once the fire went out (and i made my way back from spawn), i rebuilt the floor. it did not re-ignite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.