Faster Boats

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Mixo3, Jan 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mixo3

Plugin category: Mechanics

Minecraft version: 1.14.4

Suggested name: Boat Speed changer

What I want: I would like a plugin that allows an admin to change the speed of boats on the server.

Ideas for commands: /boatspeed [speed_multiplayer_in_number]

Ideas for permissions: boatspeed.admin

When I'd like it by: End of the February

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  2. Offline

wand555

Hey, I have a version where it works in theory, but the boat loses all its "wobbling", it basically feels like flying (but along the xz axis on water). Let me know if you're still interested.

3. Offline

Niv-Mizzet

4. Offline

wand555

@Niv-Mizzet I've tried that. So far I've used vectors on XP-Bottles and on players, but not on boats, and they seem to behave a bit different (and more complex) as the api states. Usually you get the vector, multiply it and then set it as the new vector and youre done. However this doesn't really work with boats. I started off by using the VehicleMoveEvent but it seems like a player driving in a boat doesn't affect the boats vector, instead it affects the players vector. Now when I set the players vector to something else, it doesn't do anything until the player leaves the boat. When I change the boats vector, the boat loses all its characteristics and even allows movement that is normally not possible, such as driving to the left by pressing A, instead of just turning around.
    Some problems are fixed when you switch to PlayerMoveEvent instead. Pressing A/D no longer allows you to float off into the direction. As of now, the boat still stops abruptly. I could try to do some artifical "gliding" after the player pressed, but this will take some time.

5. Offline

Mixo3

Yea, I'm still interested and thanks for replying.

6. Offline

wand555

@Mixo3 There are two options now. Either a player can travel to the left/right/back by just looking into that direction and pressing W, or I limit it and the player can only travel with the set speed (otherwise normal boat speed) when also looking forward. That means the player always has to look directly in the direction the boat is facing.

7. Offline

Mixo3

I'll go with option 2 so player have to look forward.

8. Offline

wand555

@Mixo3
    You can download the file here. Unfortunately a player can still drive to the side a bit and I couldnt make the normal "boat gliding" after a keypress has stopped, work. I still hope it's fine for you.
    Let me know if you find any bugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.