Faction Top

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by ClumsyThaGod, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ClumsyThaGod

Name: FactionsTop

Category: Misc.

Idea: When you type /f top it comes up a list in chat just for you to see or the person whoever typed it to see and it shows how much a faction is worth. The items are the most valuable ones in the economy of the server. Hoppers, Ore Blocks, Obsidian, TNT, Spawners (must be placed or in chest), and money from the economy when you do /bal and it gives you the balance.
    Example: Go on pvp.thearchon.net and type /f top and it shows the richest factions and there raid value with how much of certain items are in the base. The items can only be shown if in the claim radius of the base using the plugin Factions.
    Example: https://gyazo.com/37c3468c4b13cb92602834b1f690fe11

Commands:
    /f top
    /f top [factionname]

Permissions: factiontop.use

When Needed: ASAP

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  2. Depending on how many chunks each faction has, this could cause significant lag. Either every block would need to be checked in each chunk on the command or it would need to store the locations of the blocks every time they are placed if they are valuable.

Are you sure you still want this plugin?

3. Offline

termanator1128

@0ct0berBkkitPlgins it will not cause any lag to the server, there is a plugin that is paid plugin for this and it does not cause any lag and a lot of servers use a custom one and it does not cause lag

4. @termanator1128 You don't know how this plugin would function. I'm telling you that this would likely cause significant lag because I know how the plugin would work. It would loop through every single block in every chunk you have claimed.

5. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@0ct0berBkkitPlgins But it wouldn't need to do that every time you use the command.
    It also doesn't need to do the entire chunk in 1 go.

6. @timtower Well what if someone replaced a block between two uses of the command?

7. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@0ct0berBkkitPlgins Then you only do that chunk.
    And a command doesn't always need a response within a tick.
    If you need to check a lot of chunks then you can tell the player that a lot of chunks need to be checked and that he needs to be patient for a little while.
    Keeping the data up-to-date is a better idea though.

8. Offline

tspierer2

I really need this plugin aswell. For some reason, the new version of MassiveCore factions doesn't have /f top anymore, and everyone on my server has been requesting it. I asked the massivecore devs to add this option, but they ignored my request.

9. Offline

darthteddy1

I am considering making this (if you guys still want it, I will be MORE than happy to do it :D )

10. Offline

jokie666

Look at this plugin request:
    https://bukkit.org/threads/faction-level.419986/
    it is exacly what you request with a config where you can set how much a item is worth, please read the plugin request before you just download it. There is valuable information in it.

Currently it only checks it when doing the command but it could be possible to change it that it only checks the changed chunk. The thing is how would you know without checking the blocks in the chunk if it is changed or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.