Exp Control

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Dropix, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: /

Minecraft version: 1.11.2

Suggested name: ExpControl

What I want: I need a plugin, which can prevent losing the inventory on death, but the Exp should be multiplied, which could be changed in the config. Here an example:

If I die with 40 exp level, so I would lose (example) 50% of my exp points (not exp level):

50% of 2920 Exp (Lvl. 40) would be 1460 Exp (Around lvl. 30). A config would be nice too:

Code:
    Experience multiplier: 0.5
    0.5 is 50%, 1 is 100%, ...

Would this be possible?

Ideas for commands: "/expc reload" ; "/expc set [Multiplier]" (Can be "0.4" for example)

Ideas for permissions: Exp.Control

When I'd like it by: asap

2. I'll try

The modifier is in the config you can also set it with /SetXpMod. The other value in the config (change with /SetXpDrop) will stop xp from beeing dropped after a death if false.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2018
  3. Offline

Y1ght

There's a game rule in minecraft it's self for keeping inventory on death. /gamerule keepInventory true (You have to use a cap I it's key sensitive.)

4. Offline

Machine Maker

@Y1ght Yeah but that keeps ALL of the experience. They are looking for something to only keep part of the xp.

5. Offline

Y1ght

Oh, Alright.

6. Offline

CMPSCdevRR

I coded this, just gotta test it. I'll see if I can upload later tonight (1am EST ish)

7. Offline

madtomic

I like this idea! I hope someone could fill the request.

8. Look at my other reply I attached the jar there.

9. Offline

madtomic

@Flomich

Thank you for making this. I did some testing and I see a debug message in console.
    I tested with the following settings.
    ExpMulitplier: 0.5
    ExpDrop: true

[20:41:58 INFO]: madtomic died with 5.0. They will respawn with 2.5

but I did not respawn with 2.5

Also, I test again by giving myself /xp 10L experience levels and it still said I have 5.0

I guess its' not getting the current player experience. Could you please fix the issues. Thanks again.

10. Set ExpDrop to false. If it is set to true then with a multiplier of 0.5 half of the players xp will be dropped on death. If it is set to false the player will respawn with the xp.

11. Hey, thank you for making this!
    But it doesnt work for me at all - I tried "/SetXpDrop true" and the chat respond "/setXpDrop [Drop]" all the time. The same with /SetXpMod. A config wasnt generated for me at all too. Am I doing something wrong? ^^'

12. Offline

madtomic

@Flomich

I hope you could check and fix the plugin.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.