Essentials

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Father Of Time, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Father Of Time

Edit: Sorry for the poor title, I accidentally hit post and can't seem to find a method of changing it.

I am in the process of updating all of my configuration files since I recently updated a great deal of plug-ins, and while performing this update I ran into a little snag.

Recently we've decided to migrate to a new map due to the extensive changes to chunks with the release of 1.2. The move has gone well, but as some of you may know when ever you change the name of your map in server.properties it also attempts to regenerate your Nether and End world.

In the past this wasn't a problem because I could simply correct this default behavior with Essentials configuration:

But for the life of me I can't seem to find this node in the configuration files of the most recent Essentials version. I would just test this node to see if it still works, but sadly I am currently at work and don't have that option.

Basically what I am looking to do is change the world name in the server.properties file to the new world map we are using (It's already generated and in use as a result of a multi-world plug-in I made for the move), but still continue to use our old nether and end. So to explain even more clearly; our map names are as follows:

Genesis (normal old map)
    genesis_nether (nether map)
    genesis_end (end map)
    Valhalla (normal new map)

And we want to end up with the following configuration:

Valhalla (normal new map)
    genesis_nether (nether map)
    genesis_end (end map)

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to best handle this without causing any corruption? If I recall correctly from past experiences simply cutting and pasting the content of the world files isn't a good idea because world name specific information is stored in the files inside the world directories, so I would rather get essentials/bukkit to acknowledge the world under it's real name, and not by "ghetto rigging" it.

If anyone has experience with this matter I would be extremely grateful to hear it. Thank you in advance to anyone and everyone who assist with this topic, have a wonderful day!

2. Offline

dsmyth1915

I wish I could help, but I can't find that node either. I know when i ran my bukkit server after 1.2 it automatically updated my worlds to anvil, so maybe you could do the same?

3. Offline

Father Of Time

I was hoping as well, but it simply generated the new worlds as expected:

Valhalla_nether
    Valhalla_end

However, I would like to continue using my nether and end and only update my main map. The only reason we are updating the map is to gain the new jungle biomes (our old map is 100k x100k blocks, so jungles didn't exist for an eternity), so to get to this end goal we only need to replace the main map.

Thanks for chiming in, it's appreciated. :D

4. Offline

nisovin

Is it not possible to just rename the world folders so they all match?

5. Offline

Father Of Time

I guess that is what I am here to ask, I could have sworn in the past that I experienced issues with this.

Does anyone know if there is any world specific information stored inside a worlds folder directory, or are the files within the world directory generic and can be dropped into any folder without repercussions?

If the folder itself is the only identifying factor then I am gravy, but if there is data within the world files themselves that associate them with the old world name then I would rather find another solution.

6. Offline

dsmyth1915

Multiverse loads all worlds to bukkit, so I guess you could use that to update it. If you rename the original oldmap to your current map name it should also update it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.