Solved Essentials spawn protection; Admins cant edit spawn

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Stimson, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Stimson

The initial spawn point of the world where everyone spawns in is a default 16x16(ish) area. I, as the server owner can edit the area, add and remove blocks, however i want. but none of my admins can.
    I currently have WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Essentials, and EssentialsGM installed. I dont think its WorldGuard since the problem started when the server was first created. I believe it to be a setting in either Bukkit or Essentials but i cannot find it for the life of me.

Also on a semi related note, which I believe to be from the same configuration; I, as the owner have access to every single command in Bukkit and my plugins even though in EssentialsGM i haven't given myself the permissions to use them, but my Admins, who only have one or two permissions less, do not. Anyone know where this is located?

2. Offline

Necrodoom

essentials does not control this.
    it should be spawn-radius in either bukkit.yml or server.properties, i forgot.

3. Offline

Stimson

Found it in server.properties spawn-protection=16. I set that record to 0 and created a region and gave Owners and Admins permissions in there.
    Did you have any clue where the config that is allowing me all permissions even though I have not explicitly given them to myself in Essentials.GM but not my Admins? It is not vital but I would rather not have a config allowing people permissions without me knowing. i suspect it might be this
    ignore-nijiperms-bridges: true
    resolvers:
    enabled:
    - PluginPermissionsResolver
    - PermissionsExResolver
    - bPermissionsResolver
    - GroupManagerResolver
    - NijiPermissionsResolver
    - DinnerPermsResolver
    - FlatFilePermissionsResolver
    permissions:
    groups:
    default:
    permissions:
    - worldedit.reload
    - worldedit.selection
    - worlds.creative.worldedit.region
    admins:
    permissions:
    - '*'
    in wepif.yml, found in the same directory as bukkit.yml and server.properties, but it might not be it since the groups i have on my server are Admin and Owner not admins

4. Offline

Necrodoom

or, because you are OP? or because by default owner group has a * node.

5. Offline

Stimson

That probabally is it. except even when i /op my admins it doesnt give permissions to do certain commands.

But thank you for the help Necro.

6. Offline

Necrodoom

some plugins may set some commands to not be given to OPs, but il need to know the commands to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.