Solved Essentials/GroupManager - Default Color text

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by luke_smiff, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

luke_smiff

I used too remember how too do this, However it was atleast a year ago and cannot remember.

Where abouts to I find the config where I can change the default text color of chat when a player speaks.

Example.. I speak and it comes out Blue, Not white.
    Not sure which Config too find this in.

Anybody know?

2. Offline

Fluby26

EssentialsChat is how you edit players chat color
    I.E
    ############################################################
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    # | EssentialsChat | #
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    ############################################################
    chat:
    # If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
    radius: 0
    # Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
    # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
    # If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
    # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting
    format: '{DISPLAYNAME} &8&l> &7{MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    group-formats:
    # Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    # Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'
    Owner: '{DISPLAYNAME} &8ยป &f{MESSAGE}'
    # If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

Using this config the owner's chat would be White and the default players chat would be Grey.

luke_smiff likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.