Essentials 2.10.1 Help!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by JewishLollipop, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JewishLollipop

I just recently created my own minecraft server so that my friends and i could play together. I downloaded the essentials 2.10.1 plugin because I've heard many good things about it. After it downloaded I watched a video and the guy went into the config.yml file but when i downloaded it i never got such a file, just the 5 jar files (essentials.jar, EssentialsAntiBuild.jar, EssentialsChat.jar, EssentialsProtect.jar, and EssentialsSpawn.jar) there was no config file anywhere. any help would be appreciated as i would like to edit some of the commands.

2. Offline

chad53105

Once you start the server, essentials.jar makes the config.yml file. check your /SERVER/plugins/essentials/ folder for the config.yml. hope this helps.

3. Offline

JewishLollipop

i tried that but i never got an essentials folder under plugins. in the plugins folder i just got the essentials jar files. weird.

4. Offline

chad53105

Just a shot in the dark, why not get 2.9.6 and see if it generates the file? then replace the essentials.jar's with the new ones and see if that works.

5. Offline

Super User

No I think that might break it, Essentials is a version specific plugin. I can give you the generation files when I get home.

In 9 hours.

6. Offline

Necrodoom

wont solve anything.
    very incorrect. essentials is one of the least version specific plugins.

paste your startup log, will explain why essentials cant startup.

7. Offline

Super User

Are you kidding? Essentials is very version specific. If you have two different versions of essentials and bukkit it will break causing errors.

8. Offline

joereider

Why would you have two different versions of essentials?

9. Offline

Super User

Because some plugins are not version specific. That means they don't "use" any new vanilla features. So you can use some plugins built for 1.2.5 on a 1.4.7 server.

10. Offline

Necrodoom

not any more than any other plugin.
    1.4.5 R1.0 was a major breaking change, for every plugin. every version used after that will work fine.
    please back up your claims with proof.

11. Offline

Super User

Actually I use HyperConomy built for 1.2.5 on my 1.4.7 server fine.

12. Offline

Necrodoom

being an economy plugin that doesnt hook into any almost any bukkit event, that is true.

garrett2smart87 and Super User like this.
  13. Offline

Super User

And that's what I ment by "version specific" because they are built for certain CB.

14. Offline

Necrodoom

and essentials is not one.
    worldedit is, factions is, all hook to NMS/CB stuff.
    essentials doesnt, and it was possible to run essentials for 1.2.5 with bukkit 1.4.5 pre release

15. Offline

LlmDl

Towny doesn't hook any NMS/CB stuff. We check versions to make sure players are updating towny only.

16. Offline

Necrodoom

edited out, got confused, sorry.

LlmDl likes this.
  17. Offline

C0nsole

18. Offline

Necrodoom

no, disproving a suggestion for OP.

garrett2smart87 likes this.
  19. Offline

LlmDl

Just a thought, I only bring it up because I once had to help someone else that wasn't getting their config's generated.

JewishLollipop Are you certain you have the craftbukkit.jar and not just the minecraft_server.jar?

20. Offline

Super User

He uses other bukkit plugins I'm sure he uses CB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.