"Error: Invalid world"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by gammarik, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

gammarik

Hi all

I recently started a server for me and my friends with the official Minecraft Server program on my Ubuntu x86 pc, and yesterday i began to do some research on how to install mods onto it. I found Bukkit and installed it. I wanted to use the same world on my Bukkit server as on my Minecraft server. When i opened Bukkit with a .sh file, everything looked fine but when i tried to use the "/time set 0" command the server said "Error: Invalid world". My throughts is that the world was generated by the official Minecraft Server and i try to open it in Bukkit. If that is the problem is there a converter i can use to make it work in bukkit?
    I am use Bukkit version 1.0
    Java version is 1.6.0_20

Thanks in advance

Gammarik

2. Offline

shadrxninga

The world should just be converted automatically, without you having to do anything. It seems as if you are running a plugin such as CommandBook which changes the /time command slightly.
    What plugins are you running on your server?

Also, were you sending that command in-game or from the console?

3. Offline

gammarik

The only plugin i am using is "Essentials". I have tried both from the console and from in-game and they both give me the error.
    EDIT: i just tried to remove the Essentials plugin and now the error is gone. Thnx for the help. :)

4. Offline

shadrxninga

Essentials changes the default commands a bit, here is a link to the reference sheet - which shows you the right syntax to use with each command.
    Try using "/time day" on your server and see if that sets the time to day.

No problem, just note though if you install plugins in the future though - they may change the default minecraft commands to something your not used to.Sometimes they can be better, it just depends what you like.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.