Solved Enum Error

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Artellet, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Artellet

So I'm running a task which checks if a player is wearing certain armour, and I am trying to slim down my code and make it more efficient in doing this, so I tried making an Enum to check if the player is wearing said armour, however I'm running into an error.

Error (open)

Code:
    *snip*

Apparently it's not initialized but since I'm unfamiliar with Enum's I don't know how I would go about doing this. I figured everything was going to run smoothly considering there's no errors.

Here's the Enum and method I'm using to check if the player is wearing said armour:
    Clicky (open)
    Code:
    *snip*

I'd appreciate any help, even if it's just a step on the way to fixing this error.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. Offline

Caderape2

@Artellet I dun see a problem in the enum. That might comefrom the method where you call this.

3. Offline

yPedx

@Artellet
    Please post the whole Armour class and point out line 75.

4. Offline

Artellet

That's not a good idea, as the class is huge, here's line 75:
    Code:
    *snip*
    That's why I pasted the boolean that I used. Since it's a task timer it just runs through every kit, so every error are just the following lines:
    Code:
    *snip*
    So on and so fourth.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  5. Offline

Caderape2

@Artellet We can't help you with just this. As i said, you have to show th whole method, including the scheduler you use

6. Offline

Artellet

Scheduler used is just the Bukkit one. Called like this:
    Code:
    *snip*
    Code:
    *snip*
    The rest of the method is irrelevant in terms of this error, I showed you where I call my boolean, which is where my Enum's come into play, they are not referenced anywhere else in the code.

As the error says:
    Code:
    *snip*
    My Enum is not being initialized... How would I go about initializing it when it's used in this way?

/Solved
    Turned out I was reading the wrong error, it was printing in my console so fast I never saw it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.