EntityMoveEvent?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Uniclaw, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Uniclaw

Hi!

Why no EntityMoveEvent exists :eek:?

I was sure that there is a event like that..

How can i check the movement of an entity?

Greet

I need it to check if a drop is falling :/

2. Offline

EnvisionRed

It would be too resource-intensive to pass an event to plugins every single time any entity moved at all.

3. Offline

Uniclaw

Oh D: But how then can i check if a drop is falling :'( ?

4. Offline

Major_Derp

Uniclaw
    There is no entity move event, because that could possible cause alot of lag because of all the entities, but maybe you could check the entity's location at one point, and say maybe 5 seconds later check its location again, and if its changed do something. Also "Drop is falling"? You want to check if they are falling? or dropping an item?

5. Offline

Uniclaw

I would check if a drop is moving, so that if he is moving through a sign with a specifig text on it he is teleported to another lcoation. I need it for a Grilled Pig Farm on my Server xD

6. Offline

Major_Derp

xD for some reason i still don't understand the phrase "If a drop is moving", but so what you want to do is check if an entity tries to move through a sign with some specific text on it, and if it does, teleport it somewhere?

7. Offline

Uniclaw

Yes :)
    But just if the entity is a drop ^^

8. Offline

Major_Derp

I think what you could do is on the entity death event, get the drops from the pig and save them to a hashmap. The listen for them if they come near to the chunk that the sign is in, and if they are there teleport them somewhere. Not sure if that is possible, but its worth a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.