EndofStream.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by DemonCraft, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DemonCraft

Okay at times me and everyone on the server get's a random, "EndofStream" error.
    It does not happen often and it says the same thing in the console.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. Offline

jasvecht

Specifications of the server please?

3. Offline

DemonCraft

What do you mean?

4. Offline

Supersam654

RAM, Java version, Bukkit version, plugin list, how many people are playing when this happens.

5. Offline

DemonCraft

1.5GB of Ram, 1060 Bukkit Version, only a couple of people, and my Plugins are;
    bColoredchat
    BlocksOnGlass
    bLog
    BuyCraft
    ChestShop
    CraftBook, Circuits, Mechanisms, and Vehicles.
    Dynmap
    Essentials, Chat, and Spawn.
    FoundDiamonds
    HeroicDeath
    iConomy
    Jobs
    LevelCraft + some of the Skills. (I checked and it's the ones that work.)
    Lockette
    MailBox
    Minequery
    Permissions
    Residence
    SignThatChest
    StarterKit
    Votifier
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

6. Offline

jasvecht

Home hosted, VPS or Dedi?

Turn off Essentials, try without.

No offense, but installing essentials is like putting up a huge neon sign on top of your machine saying "INSERT PROBLEMS HERE"

7. Offline

DemonCraft

It's VPS, soon to be Dedi, but does Essentials really cause that many problems?
    Where would I get alternative Plugins that do at least some of the things Essentials does?

8. Offline

jasvecht

CommandBook, MultiVerse, MultiHome....

WorldEdit, CommandBook and WorldGuard are by the same plugin developer. Personally, whenever I see his name on a plugin I instantly trust him. The guy's a god :p

Essentials is the prime example of a plugin that's simply to big to be viable.

r3Fuze likes this.
  9. Offline

DemonCraft

True and a lot of things I don't want from the Plugin either.
    Also, I use to have Prefixes like before peoples name where it'd be like [Member] Etc, but lately it's gone.
    Any idea what caused it?

Also, if you wouldn't mind, what Plugin would be good for adding people to groups by using a command?

But when I get disconnected on the Client it says:
    Connection Lost
    Internal exception:java.net.SocketException:Software caused connection abort: recv failed.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  10. Offline

Supersam654

Does this mean that after you uninstalled essentials, you are still having the problem and this is the error? Or is this completely different.

11. Offline

jasvecht

Try running it without chat plugins like bColoredChat, personally I use it with Factions and Towny successfully :p

Permissions, I am taking Permissions 3? If so, use PermissionsPlus :)

12. Offline

DemonCraft

But when I run it on my test server EXACT same Plugins it works perfectly fine.

13. Offline

erdrickk

I don't even use essentials and my users get this exact error

Here is the Read timed out error I get sometimes... Most of the time its just "Read Timed Out" and then nothing

Code:
    13:48:32 [INFO] Read timed out
    13:48:32 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
    13:48:32 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:116)
    13:48:32 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:153)
    13:48:32 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:82)
    13:48:32 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:140)
    13:48:32 [SEVERE] at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:123)
    13:48:32 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:116)
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  14. Offline

vapid2323

@DemonCraft

Guys, to trubleshoot this you need a stack trace, when it happens run the following command as root where 3935 is the PID.

jstack -l 3935 > stackdump20.txt

After that you can post the Pastbin here, this will help us point out the issue, and my guess is its caused by Permissions 3.

15. Offline

erdrickk

my Server is VPS - can I still do that? also for the 10000000th time I use permissions 2.7.4 not 3.1.6 so it can't be that and my server gets the time out error 10 times a day atleast

16. Offline

vapid2323

Dude, calm yourself I did not read your post at all in fact I just scanned and saw that you guys are just guessing without knowing how to really tubleshoot this type of problem. I posted what previous stacktraces are showing, and thats permissions.

As to your question, why dont you try the command as a root user and see if it works? I would guess that your VPS is some form of Linux?

17. Offline

Supersam654

Also, who is the actual op in this post?

18. Offline

DemonCraft

I started this post.

19. Offline

Supersam654

Thought so... (it was a rhetorical question). In that case, anyone else who is asking questions should go start their own threads...

Anyhow, just because the same plugins run fine on another server doesn't mean that they should be fine on yours. I am assuming that you have messed up some configuration in one of your plugins, or one of the plugins updated and you are missing a certain configuration node in your files. With that said, try moving all of the FOLDERS in your plugins folder somewhere else. Then start your server and all of your plugins should create the necessary files that they need. Then go back through your old files and make sure that any new settings are either ok with you or changed to what they used to be. To make your life a lot easier, you might want to leave the permissions folder exactly the way it is (don't move it somewhere else in the first place).

20. Offline

erdrickk

You are really set on the fact that this is a user error when everyone is coming foward at once with this and its public knowledge that there is a memory leak with #1060 and was attempted to be fixed in #1064

In this case I really believe this is a Bukkit Issue

21. Offline

Supersam654

You cannot tell where the problem is coming from unless you isolate the problem. You can't blame Bukkit for this until you make sure that is isn't being caused by a plugin.

22. Offline

DemonCraft

No on my test server, exact same Plugins and everything, same Config files, all of it.
    Only difference is one is 1060 Bukkit, (My server.) Other is 1000. So yeah that's probably it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.