[ECON] ChestShop 3.7.18 (iConomyChestShop) - Chest&sign shop for economy plugins [1.8]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Acrobot, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Acrobot

An easy way to create shops - no protection plugin needed!
    You don't need to be on-line to earn money anymore!
    [​IMG]
    I've put a LOT of effort into making this plugin,
    you can donate if you appreciate my effort =)

Requirements:
    - An economy plugin supported by Register or Vault, for example iConomy, BOSEconomy or Essentials Eco.
    Optional:
    - For additional economy plugin support - Vault
    - For Permissions: bPermissions, PEX, or any other permission plugin
    - For additional protection: LWC, Lockette, Deadbolt
    - For other item names (aliases): OddItem

Setup:
    Copy the .jar file from the .zip you downloaded into /plugins folder.
    You can also copy the example files if you want to generate statistics page.

Translations:
    You can change the plugin's language, here's a list of all user-made translations.
    If you want to update or submit a translation, feel free to PM me.
    Translations (open)

Arabic - Attarhsase2
    Bulgarian - Muff1Ncho
    Czech - LordPgsa
    Chinese (Simplified) - tab415263
    Danish - Cannafix
    Dutch - speedlegs
    French- DragonSlayer875
    German - RasCas
    Hungarian - Anachen
    Indonesian - Yahya98
    Italian - Massimo1993
    Korean - Zwing87
    Norwegian - _AlexN_ and TheUnkownGamer
    Polish - Holls1
    Portugese (Brasil) - FelipeMarques14
    Russian - VADemon from http://minemania.ru/
    Slovak - LordPgsa
    Slovenian - jEErc
    Spanish - thxaaaa
    Swedish - Maxell
    Turkish - Developer
    Traditional Chinese - hellboyincs
    Vietnamese - etrubi1 from http://minevn.com/

Permissions:
    How to create a ChestShop?
    - Place a chest, if you haven't already.
    - Place a sign 1 block near the chest (for example, above the chest)
    - On the sign, write:

[​IMG]
    (Item name can actually be item ID or alias)
    First line will be filled in by the plugin automatically.
    Price is a combination of buy and sell price.
    You have to have B near buy price (people buy from you), and S near sell price (people sell to you).
    If you have both B and S, separate them with a colon - :
    For example:
    [​IMG]

means that AcrobotPL wants to sell 64 diamonds for 10 currency, and buy them back from you for 5 currency.
    Also, if you put "free" instead of price, it is free to buy or sell :)

- Now, when you finish editing the sign, if LWC is turned on in config, shop will be automatically created.
    Also, if your default protection is turned on in the config, people won't be able to break chest, sign or the block the sign is on.

What is an Admin Shop?
    Admin shop is the shop that doesn't require a chest, because it has infinite stock.
    If you sell to it, the items will disappear, and if you buy from it, items will magically appear.
    To create one, you have to be Admin/OP. Just put "Admin Shop" (or anything specified in config file) on the first line of the sign.

Restricting shops to some groups or regions
    You can either use permissions, or you can just put a sign ABOVE shop sign (you need to be in that group to create the sign) to restrict it to players with ChestShop.group.groupName permission
    The syntax is:
    [restricted]
    firstGroupName
    2ndGroupName
    3rdGroupName
    Only those groups will be able to use that shop

To restrict a shop to some regions:
    - If you're using Towny, turn TOWNY_INTEGRATION on. Residents will be able to create shops in economy plots (either their or, if specified in config, any)
    - If you're using WorldGuard, you can use an experimental "chestshop" flag. Turn WORLDGUARD_INTEGRATION on and flag a region. (f.e. /region flag ChestShopRegion chestshop allow)

Do you want to limit the maximum prices for items?
    Well, there's an app.... wait, not that : P
    You can use an experimental feature in ChestShop.
    In your config.yml, add lines like:
    max-buy-price-5: 14
    max-sell-price-5: 15

That means that the maximum price for items BOUGHT by PLAYER is 14, and items SOLD by PLAYER using the shop is 15.

You can also use a global setting, like this:
    max-sell-price: 200

That means that the maximum price for items SOLD to PLAYER is 200 (if there is, for example, a max-sell-price-5 found, it will be used instead of the global sell price)

USING SHOPS
    You could buy and sell by right and left clicking the sign for a long time.
    Now it's the only way to use the shops.
    It's SIMPLE!
    Just LEFT-CLICK to SELL to shop, and
    RIGHT-CLICK to BUY from shop.
    (This can be changed in the config file)

DESTROYING SHOPS
    If you want to delete your old shop, simply SNEAK and destroy the sign.
    It's that easy =)

STOCKING THE SHOPS
    You can either open the chest and stock it up, or click on your own sign - it will open chest's inventory (that way you can have chests not openable by other people for sure :D)

ItemInfo command
    It's a simple command that shows item information.
    If you use it without any arguments, it shows you information about the item you're holding.
    If you specify item id or item name after the command, it will show you information about that item.

Source code
    ChestShop is Open-Source =)
    You can find its code on https://github.com/Acrobot/ChestShop-3

Thanks to:
    - kali876, ziomekYOYO and Herocraft server for testing the plugin and finding every little bug =)
    - Everyone who uses this plugin - really big thanks for this, I never thought it will be so popular
    - Everyone who provided translation - many people's lives will be easier now
    - @Nijikokun for Register
    - @LennardF1989 for awesome Persistence Reimplemented
    - @Temaska for fixing the plugin while I was on holidays
    - @VADemon for providing a great support for other users
    - @Euthyphro for his patience and really good bug spotting
    - vagrant326 for making a great price sheet
    - Epics for his great help
    :)
    If something's not working
    You can't change the sign color - that breaks the formatting.
    If that's not the issue, please give me this information, so I can help you faster.
    - CraftBukkit version (type /version in chat)
    - ChestShop version (type /csversion in chat)
    - Your economy plugin (iConomy? BOSEconomy? other one?)
    - Have you got any Permission plugin? Which one?

[​IMG]
    Changelog (open)

Changelog can be found on BukkitDev - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/chestshop/files/

2. Offline

AuXDubz

GUESS FUCKING WHAT!!!!
    Fixed it :)
    Come and have a Look when every you want lol :)

3. Offline

VeryInsane

I REALLY love this plugin but sometimes it annoys me (Running 3.0 Beta 4)

Okay, so the sign looks like this:

[​IMG]

As you can see, there are more then 1 apple in the chest:

[​IMG]

It says not enough in stock:

[​IMG]

What's also frusterating is it works sometimes but not others. I don't know what the difference is. (Position of the sign --infront of above the chest-- doesn't help either) (the only reason i could open his chest was because im owner/admin duh)

Thanks for any help.

4. Offline

Acrobot

@VeryInsane
    I have fixed some things in 3.0 beta 5, gonna upload it soon.

VeryInsane likes this.
  5. Offline

VeryInsane

Yay! Thank you so much! Sooner better <3

6. Offline

Acrobot

@VeryInsane
    I already did it :p
    But I don't know if it will work for you, just try.

7. Offline

bushingenna

is there a way to sell dyes?

8. Offline

Acrobot

@bushingenna
    Yeah, sure!
    Just do 351:dataValue, like 351:14, or with ChestShop 3 you can do
    RED 351, or RED INK_SAC

9. Offline

Felonu

Can you put this into the OP so we can stop answering this question every couple pages?

10. Offline

GetGoodKid

I love this plugin. Just wondering, is it possible that you could make the sign format configurable? :) I realize it might be extremely hard, but cleaner signs would be nice... maybe something like...
    Line 1: <owner>
    Line 2: Quantity: <quantity>
    Line 3: Buy <price> - Sell <price>
    Line 4 <Item name (preferably with spaces instead of underscores... Ex. Diamond Helmet not DIAMOND_HELMET)>

11. Offline

Kainzo

@Acrobot
    Chestshop 3.0 build 5
    With CB 928 (RB)
    ico5

/money is broken.
    (Returns unknown command)

12. Offline

Acrobot

@GetGoodKid
    It is almost like you said, I'll add configurable patterns :p
    You can use spaces instead of underscores too :)

@Kainzo
    That's like... iConomy problem? :)

13. Offline

Kainzo

I removed ChestShop and /money comes back - iConomy never comes unloaded. It's the latest RB and Chestshop thats conflicting with the money command - have no clue why.

14. Offline

Acrobot

@Kainzo
    HUH. That IS weird. Any clue what might cause that?

15. Offline

Kainzo

Slut-magic.

16. Offline

VeryInsane

If you think your people won't understand what the hell the sign means, put another sign next to it explaining: Selling or buying Diamond Helmet's-- 1 for 200 coins.
    That's what I do. If they still don't understand I ban them. Haha, no, but it shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.

17. Offline

GetGoodKid

Oh I probably will haha, but my store has hundreds of signs (or it will in the near future). The reason there are so many signs is because I am kind of a perfectionist for somethings. Every building of mine is completely symmetrical. My double chest stores have 2 signs each (both say the same thing). So I will probably just put one "key" sign at the entrance that displays what each line on the signs mean.

18. Offline

Kainzo

Still cant figure out why its happening heh

19. Offline

VeryInsane

Also a good idea ;)

20. Offline

bluemoondevil

Is there a way I can code the adminshop to buy and sell cocoa beans? Everytime I use the item ID it says ink sac.

21. Offline

Darcion

i got problems with last beta build 5

my people got on buy or sell

"you dont have permissions to do that"

i changed the permissionsnodes to

chestshop instead of iconomychestshop

and it works again.

22. Offline

amunro

works fine, but occasionally i get this error in console:

Code:
    2011-06-23 06:00:09 [SEVERE] javax.persistence.PersistenceException: java.sql.SQLException: database is locked
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.transaction.JdbcTransaction.rollback(JdbcTransaction.java:614)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.transaction.JdbcTransaction.rollback(JdbcTransaction.java:595)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.BeanRequest.rollbackTransIfRequired(BeanRequest.java:107)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.DefaultServer.findList(DefaultServer.java:1475)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.querydefn.DefaultOrmQuery.findList(DefaultOrmQuery.java:906)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.util.DefaultExpressionList.findList(DefaultExpressionList.java:201)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at com.Acrobot.iConomyChestShop.Logging.removeOld(Logging.java:76)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at com.Acrobot.iConomyChestShop.Logging.run(Logging.java:82)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: database is locked
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.DB.throwex(DB.java:370)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.DB.exec(DB.java:76)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.Conn.rollback(Conn.java:351)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.lib.sql.PooledConnection.rollback(PooledConnection.java:752)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.transaction.JdbcTransaction.rollback(JdbcTransaction.java:607)
    2011-06-23 06:00:10 [SEVERE]     ... 9 more

23. Offline

Xordaii

This is because the game uses the ink sac item id for ALL the wool dyes. The only difference is the damage afterward. So cocoa beans will be 351:3 and inksac will be 351:0. There are 16 dyes, so yes, if you are selling them all, the game identifies them as ink sac an sells them as ink sac with different damages. Not really something this plugin changes.

24. Offline

Boon Pek

Or, on the other hand, use this :p

25. Offline

Jeffmcgee

i was made aware of a glitch with this plugin, that allows players to steal from shops. i realise your away at the moment, but if you want private details of the glitch, i'll PM you, or i can post publicly if you so wish.

this glitch has made the server i'm admin on, ban 1 player temporarily and perm ban another, although that was a special case.

i hope this glitch can get sorted out, and i hope that it's not too hard to code the solution.

26. Offline

thefoxygranpa

Could you PM this glitch to me? I'm staff on one of the largest servers and would greatly appreciate it.

27. Offline

dechiridas

It appears that this plugin isn't checking to make sure the account tied to a chest actually exists or not and in the case that it doesn't exist creates of pool of infinite money that anyone can exploit.

Would create a chest that buys cobblestone for 10,000 coins each that isn't connected to a player account. Le infinite money.

28. Offline

VeryInsane

Will this work with Newest Recommended Build #928?

29. Offline

flozza83

Thanks to @Boon Pek !

I have a problem with permissions.

But citoyens cant use iconomychestshop
    "You do not have access to this command"

Error "NO_PERMISSION" in locale.yml

Anyone know why please?

(using 3.00 beta 5)

30. Offline

Boon Pek

In V3 B5, the permissions are as follows:

Creating a shop: ChestShop.shop.create
    Excluding a shop item (?): ChestShop.shop.exclude
    Buying: ChestShop.shop.buy
    Selling: ChestShop.shop.sell
    Administration: ChestShop.admin

flozza83 likes this.
  31. Offline

Kane

@Acrobot Hello my name is Kane Hart and I'm from Godcraft. We have over 1,000 whitelisted members and a pretty large community. I have from day one always stayed away from iConomy and any database Shop system at the fear of causing load when you have like 40 people clicking the signs or entering the commands.

Not sure if bukkit changed that but in the past a lot of plugins that access a database pause the thread even for .00001 sec and this multiplied with the players causes a CRAP amount of load.

Now I was told your system uses no chests but needs iConomy but that is a tad confusing since a chest / sign system is pretty simple from what we have on our server:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in...est-shops-no-commands-no-databases-740.11703/

I was wondering if you could explain what iConomy does for your plugin and do you know or have an idea how performance friendly this plugin is?

Also can you do simple things like buy and sell items for diamonds? Thats what we do on Godcraft just a simple chest/sign system where all you do right click to buy say 3 stacks of logs for 1 diamond. Or sell 4 stacks of logs for 1 diamond. Whatever the user specifies.

Thanks for your time.