Dynamic IP problem,Permissions problem,Read time out and more

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by decebaldecebal, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

decebaldecebal

I have 2 questions(maybe more):

First one, i have a dynamic IP address and i use a router to forward the port 25565!
    every time my IP changes (every day,sometimes 3-4 times a day) the server just freezes so i wonder if there is a way to go past this
    And the second question, i really want to know how people can host multiple servers on the same computer!In my server properties i have server-ip left blank, and i believe that computers with more than 1 server need to change the server-ip and also the port but when i try to write something in server-ip it always says FAILED TO BIND TO PORT. PERHAPS A SERVER IS ALREADY RUNNING ON THIS PORT!
    So i REALLY want to know how to put and ip in server-ip because i belive this will solve my dynamic ip problem!
    And also,while i was writing this post, the server crashed for no reason... and when i checked my permission folder the users.yml was EMPTY!I use Permissions 3.1.6, should i change it?And also i have CPU lag because i run mcMMO and Permissions 3.1.6 so can you recommend me other permission plugin that is similar?
    Sorry for this long post but i really need answers to all of these questions (especially the dynamic IP one)!Thanks in advance!
    And also(sorry i just notice it again) that i get Read Time Out and Can't keep up warnings in the console!I have like 30 plugins on a 2.2 GHZ amd x2, 2 gigabits RAM (just 832 dedicated for the server through the script from the .bat file)and i run Windows XP Sp3 32 bits!
    And now I am really sorry I hope you could answer all my questions!
    And i noticed that i get the error disconnected.endofstream and players are just disconnected for no reason!
    Thanks again!

2. Offline

TnT

First off, the server-ip= line should always be blank. Putting a value in there will give you problems 99.9% of the time. Don't do it. Putting a value in there will absolutely, in no way, help your dynamic IP problem.

Second, are you talking a DHCP address from your ISP, or a DHCP address from your router? If its ISP - use something like no-ip.org or dyndns.com. If its from your own router - make your server static (or provide a dedicated lease from your router for that MAC address).

Third, I would seriously consider NOT running more than one server at a time from your system. MC servers are pretty resource intensive, so to optimize multiple servers on one machine will take a fair amount of time. If this is your home system, you likely can't get performance fast enough to warrant this, unless you spend a lot of money on great hardware. Not impossible, but I'd recommend against it - or expect to put in a lot of time. Windows XP 32bit is not an OS I'd even consider attempting multiple server instances with. I think you want multiple WORLDS, not multiple SERVERS. Check out the many, many multi-world plugins available and find one you like.

Read timed out messages are often because of networking issues (or software affecting your networking). Running a firewall? Check that out. Running an AV - check that out too. It is one of those pieces of software causing your problems.

Can't keep up messages - you can alleviate them, but you'll never get rid of them using Windows XP - I've tried many, many times. 30 plugins on that system is going to drag you to a crawl. I don't recommend running CB on anything less than 1 GB RAM (without plugins, or at least only a couple). You're trying to run 30 plugins on under 1GB RAM.

Permissions issues I can't help with, sorry.

3. Offline

decebaldecebal

I have and ISP that provides me with an dynamic IP!I use no-ip.org to change the IP into a String but that it's just for people to connect easier to my server (an address like sexample.sytes.net is better that the IP) and I also have the No-ip program but that doesn't help because when my IP changes, the no-ip is updated but the server is not(it just crashes when my IP changes (i am not absolutely sure because today is the first time the server crashed when the ip changed,maybe is just a coincidence and the server crashed right when my IP changed))
    and if my router changes my IP what should i do?english is not my native language so i don't understand what you mean for making the server static (how do I do that?) and what does ,,provide a lease from the router for the MAC address" mean?can you post a link with a tutorial or something?[/quote]

4. Offline

TnT

5. Offline

decebaldecebal

yeah i am sure check it out

and also i checked the site and i have the SAME internal IP,just my external one changes,and it changes not when i restart my PC but it changes whenever it wants

i am very confused with these internal/external IPs

Attached Files:

6. Offline

Techykid3

I can tell you the second part:

Internal IP is your "network" ID, so its pretty much identifing your computer, to other computers on your network.

External IP is your "public" IP, it is the IP address that is used for others to connect.

7. Offline

TnT

I would chalk it up to co-incidence if your server crashed the same time as your external IP changed. However, that being said, you may potentially have a plugin doing some sort of check for IP and causing you to crash. Good way to test is to remove all plugins and try again.

If you're talking about the client crashing when your server IP changes though, that may happen. I can't say for certain as I haven't seen it, but I can imagine it might cause a crash (because at one point your client sees the server, then when the IP changes, it can't see the server anymore and the client crashes/dies.) Should be no issue to just log back in.

You can leave online-mode=true as long as you paid for the game (same as the users you want to join the server).

8. Offline

decebaldecebal

can that plugin be CraftProxy?i use it just from yesterday and i didn't have problems without it and also i don't want to remove it

9. Offline

TnT

Its possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.