Dual Spawn Plugin Idea

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iMxAndyy, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Offline

iMxAndyy

I am not sure if this is already a plugin or not.
    If it is i could not find it and if so please let me know and i will get it
    but if not this is what i was thinking.

Suggested name: MultiSpawn/SpawnSelection

What I want:For my server i was thinking of having 2 towns (Dark and Light) and having players choose a side when they join.

So the plugin would make it so on first spawn a player will spawn at a first spawn area. from there we can set up 2 buttons (one for the light side and one for the dark side)
    When a player presses either button it will then change their spawn point to the defined spawn point for the relevant town that they selected and teleports them to this location.
    The plugin should probably allow more than 2 options as I'm sure some people would want more than 2

I would also like the ability for players to go back and choose again, so they don't feel like they are missing out on half of the server by having selected one side over the other.

I think i would also like for there to be a prefix to the players names so that a player would have something like this appear in chat when they speak:
    [Dark]'PlayerRank' 'PlayerName': Hi
    or
    [Light]'PlayerRank' 'PlayerName': Hi
    (which i would be able to set color and what it says in config)

Ideas for commands:
    /MS Set First *to set the first spawn, spawn point
    /MS Set Spawn1/2/3/4..... *To set the spawn point options
    /MS Link Spawn1 Button1 Then punch a button *To Link each option to a button, which will teleport the player there and set that as their spawn from then on
    /MS Info *Explain how the plugin works and what it does and give a list of commands

Edit:
    I would like to be able to give certain permissions to each.
    For example, if someone selects to spawn at the light town, i would give all members of that town the permission to use the healing spells (from another plugin), and the dark town would get the damaging spells. I am not sure if this would interfere with groupmanager as this would then be essentially a different group for each town, but i would require the player to be in a 'groupmanager' group (for their rank) and seperately a Multispawn group for their abilities.

2. Essentials does this, you can do /setwarp Light and /setwarp Dark, then make sure that group is valid, either in your PEX or GroupManager or what ever permission plugin you are using, and i believe, its case sensitive.

3. Offline

iMxAndyy

doesn't that just set warps though, this won't allow people to spawn at these points.
    Unless there is a way to set a button up to change a persons spawn point to a warp point this is not what i want

4. Offline

idontcare1025

Essentials can do this. Do /setspawn RANKNAME Then only that rank will spawn their/

5. Offline

iMxAndyy

but this does not really suit my situation as we already use the groups for the different levels of donators that we have.
    i need the spawn to be change on an individual basis not a group
    also this would not allow me the ability to set a players spawn by use of a button

6. Offline

iMxAndyy

Bump...

7. Offline

iMxAndyy

What groups does this use. I have investigated this and i cannot seem to change the spawn for any of the groups we have set up in our groups plugin.

Is there groups that i need to set up within essentials for this to use?

As, if this can be used as separate groups from my groups plugin (meaning players can be in a group from my groups plugin and a group from essentials) then this would be great for me.

8. Offline

idontcare1025

You can make it so donator is their main group, than have another group. Most perms plugins support this, just google how to.

9. Offline

sebdomsan54

you can do this using groupmanager using two seprate groups with the same perms but diffrent spawns you can also turn friendly fire off if you would like

10. Offline

iMxAndyy

but i have 13 different groups now. one for each rank that my server has
    If i was to create another 13 groups with a different spawn that would be fine but buycraft would not know which group to put the donators into as it has no way to know which spawn they have selected so we would have to do the groups manually which is too much for us to do when we have 26 groups

11. Offline

e1kfws7

Use essentials, /setspawn <groupname>