Do everyone a favor

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by microgeek, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

microgeek

I'm not trying to call anyone out, but the amount of people that come on these forums and ask for Java help is unbelievable. Over half of the questions are not even related to the Api(or are almost common knowledge, even if you did not read the Bukkit Java Docs), which makes me ask, why are people trying to make a program, with a language they have almost no knowledge in? If anyone that asks these questions is reading this, please, read a book/ tutorial or watch a video on Java.
    Thoughts?

Tirelessly likes this.
  2. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

Sorry to be 'that guy', but this thread is completely useless, and adds into the 'part' of this forum that has nothing to do with programming at all.

There are a lot of young children on here (11-13 years old) that are too stubborn to actually read the rules, stickies, etc. so instead they just post whatever they want on this forum and then bump their thread every 3 minutes. There's nothing we can do about it, because generally you should be able to assume that when someone asks for help, that they would have done it correctly after reading over documentations and such.

To me, I don't really get bothered by it. I usually posted a thread when I used the search function and couldn't find what I was looking for. But when someone on here posts 'plz help' and the only issue in their code is a bracket or something, I'm fine with pointing it out and telling them they should learn basic java syntax.

fatmarley and chasechocolate like this.
  3. Offline

chasechocolate

I agree with ZeusAllMighty11 but if you ever have a general Java question, chances are Google has your answer ;)

4. Offline

teunie75

Not only with Java questions, but for help with the Bukkit api.
    Please use google or the forum search function first,
    if you can't find it there or don't get what they are talking about post something.
    And also don't post titles like: Help, problem or whatever just as ZeusAllMighty11 says.
    I don't want to look angry or something, this are just some tips ;)

microgeek likes this.
  5. Offline

iWareWolf

I'm 13 >.<

6. Offline

microgeek

You don't seem angry at all. I agree 100% with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.