Disabling plugins.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MuisYa, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MuisYa

Sooo, my code is the following:
    Code:
    PluginManager pm = getServer().getPluginManager();
    Plugin thePlugin = (arg1);
    // now disable a plugin.
    pm.disablePlugin(thePlugin);

This code should disable the plugin, right?
    The console tells me that the plugin is disabled. And no commands of the specified plugin are working...
    But: I still cant delete that plugin out of the plugin folder, because its still ''Opened by JAVA''.

Is there a way?

2. Offline

ZNickq

It still registers the events,even if you disable it! What you need it to "unload" it,not sure if there's such a method in bukkit!

3. Offline

hatstand

^ This, basically. Why you need to unload a plugin is beyond me, you shouldn't be interfering with other plugins.

4. Offline

MuisYa

@ZNickq Hmmm, "Well that sucks."

No i dont think either, i want to make a plugin which can disable plugins on my server.
    This will make it very easy to update them.
    Just disable it, you can delete it and paste the new version in. Than you dont need to restart the whole server...

Someone got any idea about the method?

5. Offline

hatstand

My plugin updates work like this: Delete file > Download new one > /reload (Running on Linux, so that works. Windows, not so much)

Have you looked at any of the plugin managers around? No idea what kind of features they have beyond enabling/disabling.

6. Offline

MuisYa

Windows cant delete when its enabled... Pretty fucked...
    So i cant make this plugin :<

7. Offline

Kaikz

Look at PluginReloader's source code. There's a lot more to it afaik.

8. Offline

stelar7

if you export it to the plugins forlder from eclipse you just do /reload in the console and it works :D

9. Offline

Celeixen

Btw your still allowed to overwrite plugins that are in use, then just /reload.

10. Pretty sure its not possible to "unload" a plugin >.>...Its the way ClassLoaders work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.