Disable specific EXP sources from dropping orbs

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by UltraFaceguy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Suggested name: ExpLimits

Purpose: Disabling sources of exp, such as block breaks, entity deaths, or cooking/smelting/anything else.

Commands: None really needed, pretty much everything would be handled by config. I guess maybe some edit commands?

Permissions: explimits.admin for any possible commands for editing. Optional.

Additional details: This would be for 1.3, I just wanted to put it out there now, I'm well aware that I should not expect anything any time soon.

2. Offline

recon88

I was about to make this.. But we have to wait until Bukkit implements an API for that.
    There's currently no way to disable to orb drop from mining and other things.

Here you can see the request which was already made. I'll immediately start with that plugin as soon the api is implemented.

Edit:
    Furnace exp handling is still missing. Also I can't find a ticket or a pull request.

3. Offline

UltraFaceguy

That's fine, I just wanted to get this idea out there, and bump it when it became possible. Best of luck working on it! :D

Think that would effect furnaces as well?

4. Offline

recon88

See last post =) Edited it.
    But ya, I found someone who will look into it (the api). So we just need to wait now.
    The plugin is already finished. Just need to replace some parts with the new code/api then.

Features:
    - Set amount of mining exp
    - Set amount of furnace exp
    - Set amount of monster exp (affects ALL monsters)
    - Set amount of animal exp (affects ALL animals)
    Should be all?! Or did I miss something?

Maybe I'll add every single monster/animal later.

UltraFaceguy likes this.
  5. Offline

UltraFaceguy

The adding of monsters and animals... would be amazing, THANK YOU.

Hate to ask so much, but, if you did add mob exp rates, think you could you also add in an option to disable / reduce XP from mobs spawned from spawners? It would help in the replacing of my current exp drop plugin ^_^

6. Offline

recon88

7. Offline

UltraFaceguy

I... don't understand...?

._.

8. Offline

recon88

And again:
    I can't help you if you don't understand this.

9. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Do you mean to say it would be global amount, dropped for every mob? I'm more confused about the way the response was presented... I asked if something could be added in and your forcibly asserted that it would effect all monsters equally? What?

What did I do to switch this conversation from happy to downright aggressive? ._.

10. Offline

recon88

Mobs from spawner = monster =
    Don't know why you don't understand this.

11. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Yes, and what I asked was if a feature could be added in to reduce the exp for just monsters spawned from spawners, to which you applied by asserting that it would effect ALL monsters, which just confused me, as it didn't answer the question at all, and was very aggressive.

I think it was YOU who misinterpreted my question. Because your answer was so off key and unclear, it started this whole chain of events.

12. Please stay on topic. By quoting yourself instead of providing text-based help, you discourage communication which caused this thread to end in many avoidable replies.

13. Offline

recon88

Alright... First (dev) version is done.

Includes:
    - Set amount of mining exp (all possible ores - coal/emerald/diamond/redstone/lapis)
    - Set amount of monster exp (affects ALL monsters)
    - Set amount of animal exp (affects ALL animals)
    - Set amount of furnace exp (not possible at the moment - no api)

Don't ask me to add more ores. This is not possible because they are not included in minecraft defaults (they are not dropping any exp) !
    Only the 5 which I listed.

Config:
    There are 3 config options for each ore/monster/animal.
    - "exp drop" = Sets the exp drops on/off (true/false)
    - "exp min amount" = Sets the minimum amount of exp which is dropped
    - "exp max amoun" = Sets the maximum amount of exp which is dropped

The exp which drops has a random amount betweeen "min exp" and "max exp".
    You also can set fixed amounts like 10/10 (always 10).
    The default config includes all minecraft default values !

Commands:
    edcreload = Reloads the config file

Permissions:
    expdropcontrol.reload = Allows the usage of the reload command

Important:
    You need at least dev version #2326 (from here: http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/).
    Or wait until the next RB will be released.

Dev release (tested):
    Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw49bqappbkbf9z/ExpDropControl.jar
    Please note: I don't want anyone to copy/rip/steal my code. This means the plugin is under the license "All rights reserved".

Final release:
    I'll release a final version of it as soon as craftbukkit gets a new RB.
    You can find it on BukkitDev then (I'll post the link to it here).

14. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Awesome, thank you very much ^_^

15. Offline

XbannisherX

16. Offline

McLuke500

17. Offline

Eistee²