[DEV] Could not load 'plugins/PotionProtect.jar' in folder 'plugins'

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ColeBergmann, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ColeBergmann

Hello Developers,
    I am working on a potion protect plugin where you throw a potion, and a region gets defined for the player. The download link for my code is below. Whenever I launch the server with the plugin, it gives me this long Java error:

http://pastebin.com/T1ibZzM4

If there is anyone who could help me out with this issue I would be very grateful. Thank you very much for assisting me!

Download Link for Code:
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Thanks again :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  2. Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.CrypticPixel.PotionProtect

You didn't define the main class.
    com.CrypticPixel.PotionProtect.PotionProtect
    Most likely.

3. Offline

ColeBergmann

What exactly do I do to define the main class?

4. In your plugin.yml, the "main:" part... add your class name at the end, it's the same name as the package so you need to have it twice, like I wrote above.

Also, Eclipse (if you used that) should've told you that your package name is discouraged:
    It would've avoided this confusion :p

5. Offline

ColeBergmann

Everything works perfect, but when I throw the potion it does nothing? The plugin has no errors on startup, and I can use the commands such as /protect, etc

6. I dunno... debug your throwing detector event.
    Or, have you tried ProjectileLaunchEvent ?

7. Offline

ColeBergmann

Heres the updated code/plugin combo incase you want to take a peek yourself:

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Is there anyone who can assist me with this? The plugin loads like normal, and it shows up in /plugins. The commands work, but when I throw a potion nothing happens. What am I doing wrong now?

EDIT: Digi, I have tried both of those.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  8. You tried debugging... really ? Debugging always yelds results. Even when it doesn't print anything it's a result because it means it doesn't trigger, so, you have a problem with the event itself triggering... and your problem is you don't have any @EventHandler before your event methods.

Also, you might want to check getItemInHand() against null before using methods on it.

9. Offline

ColeBergmann

I will work on this again tomorrow. I will let you know the results after I edit in your suggestion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.