Custom server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by kingsofbart, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kingsofbart

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a own server jar (like 1.9 snapshots) that also runs plugins?

bye,
    Bart

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@kingsofbart It takes teams of people months, why do you want to do it on your own and to redo it every time a new version comes out?

3. Offline

kingsofbart

I want to know it because i want to create snapshot servers (1.9) with plugins

4. Online

@kingsofbart You can, is it worth the effort? If you want to spend your time on decompiling the minecraft server, fixing up the API and depending methods, something that took the old Bukkit team months.

5. Offline

kingsofbart

With other words its inpossible for me?

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

And if it took a team of developers months, think of how long it'd take one person. Also, you'd most likely be stuck on that one snapshot, or ones close to it for everything to work. I can guarantee you that the Spigot Team will be waiting until the official 1.9 comes out before starting on updating Spigot and Craftbukkit.

EDIT: If you don't have any advanced Java experience, yes, relatively impossible.

timtower likes this.
  7. Online

At least not worth the effort.

8. Offline

kingsofbart

Thanks for answer! is there maybe an other way to make that an vanillia server loads plugins?

9. Online

@kingsofbart Developers tend to wait for a release instead of restarting with every snapshot, so not really.

mine-care and bwfcwalshy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.