Custom Bukkit Build

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by goldencreeper, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

goldencreeper

I was wondering how server owners create their own custom bukkit.jar file.
    I have been developing plugins and java programs for a long time and i was thinking of making a custom bukkit build just for fun and see how it turns out.

If someone knows how to do this please reply to this topic

Thank You So Much For Your Help :)

2. Offline

artegoland

I would be interested in the very same thing to force a version number in the server (fake that a server is for 1.4.6 when it is actually for 1.4.5 etc)

3. Offline

firecopy

Why in Notch's name would you do that?!?

4. Offline

Sushi

They don't.

5. Offline

Haribo98

oc.tc (Project Ares) do it, hence why they were the First 1.4.6 out. They edited the 1.4.5 to trick the client that the server was 1.4.6, none of the 1.4.6 features were enabled, but it worked fine.

6. Offline

agaricus

It's pretty simple to make your own CraftBukkit build, just checkout https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukkit and follow the instructions in the readme. You can also view the forks from the same place to see what changes other server administrators or developers have made to CraftBukkit and published (click the number next to the Fork icon on GitHub. Right now there are 888 forks.)

7. Offline

TnT

Locked. Feel free to make your own, but we don't allow discussion about modified Bukkit/CraftBukkit files on our forums as this leads to confusion over where the support for such modifications exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.