Plugin Request custom buildable portals

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by ChillerKraft, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ChillerKraft

i want a new type of portal, or more then one, that i can let players create to get to worlds
    specifically atm, i want players to be able to create a portal on there skyblocks, to be able to get to the overworld
    not a nether portal, it goes to the netherworld
    not a end portal, it goes to the end.
    it needs to be different, and it needs to be buildable and activated with only blocks and items. no commands or anything..
    i just want a unique way for players to get to the overworld, not commands, and not a op built portal etc,

this would have been cool, http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/skyfall/
    but i dont want players falling by accident, teleporting to another world, and then teleporting back to there previous world. annoying.

so guys, what would be a cool portal for players to build to get to the overworld? im sure theres so many cool ideas out there, and i think theres no plugins like this out there

but mainly, i need a plugin that can allow my servers players to build a particular type of portal of my choice, that can take the players to any location of my choice.

is this not a super cool idea??

maybe it could have an option to work like nether portals, creating new portals in next world?

and simply just teleport to a specific location in another world, which seems simpler.
    but it has to work like end/nether portals, not like mvportals where commands need to be used.
    ouu come on guys lets do somethin epic with this thread
    or at least shed some light on what my available options are here
    ty for ur time

looking into this plugin now. unsure if itll do what i want or work with 1.8.1. uhoh:/ im using spigot :/ maybe i gotta post on spigots website now.. ugh damm i liked bukkit, i guess i gotta leave bukkitdev forums now? :(
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/warp-portals/

update: this plugin doesnt do what i want.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2016
  2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

3. Offline

ChillerKraft

im thinking more about this, i think i'd like to replace netherportals with this idea too, (vanilla mechanic nether portals) as i dont want portals to be created in the nether (because ppl cant build there, so the world will fill with portals, and if a portal is removed in the non nether world then it could be recreated and grief the other skyblock it was built in)
    so, it would be nice to have the portals built both be able to have the option to be configured to go to the corresponding location in the connected world, or just go to a main point in the world

4. Offline

ChillerKraft

let me recap what i desire, aswell as mannnny other people out there im sure

i want a plugin that can be configured to let server players be able to build a special kind of portal, that always acts the same (like an end or nether portal) except custom!
    i could use this for: making a way to get from skyblock to overworld
    and it could be a replacement for nether portals, as to not have nether portals filling up the nether, when the nether is unbuildable.
    the custom portals could have many options like, create a new portal in the other world, teleport to the other worlds corresponding position without making a portal, all portals go to on spot in the other world, and thats all i can think of now.

so i could make like some nice looking water well be the entrance to the overworld, people have to build it exactly the way i set it up, then when they put water in side it, it automatically fills the whole well with static water and becomes a overworld teleport portal. when a block of water is removed, its all removed and is deactivated.

or to be more simple, a portal the shape of a diamond, made of diamond blocks, goes to the overworld. idk how difficult it would be to add activation procedures to it but really like all i want is to be able to make custom portals for players to build..
    can i please have some input on this idea?

WadsworthMC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.