Crafting Recipe

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by tobiyas, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tobiyas

Hey,

I'm searching for a way to add a crafting recipe to Bukkit.
    Problem is, I want to ignore the damage value.
    Little example:
    Sword + Rose = Sword with a lore.

Now I want to add this to any damaged sword, not only repaired sword (damage value 0).
    And I don't want to add a recipe for every damagevalue out there.
    Anyone got an idea?

2. Offline

SourceForums

tobiyas
    Check this video. It may help you I believe: . About the damage values, if you just not define it, I believe that the code ignores it automatically. (Please correct me if I'm not correct. :D)

3. Offline

tobiyas

I'm affraid you are wrong. It get's broken down to: (int count, Material ingredient, int rawdata) with rawdata = 0 and count = 1. So the Damage value is always 0 for a Material passed to addIngredient.

Anyone else got an idea that is working?

4. Offline

Bart

It might be a limitation that Minecraft has - there is no other recipe that allows for damaged items so it might not even be possible. Don't take my word for it though.

SourceForums linked a good video showing how to do the rest of it, though.

5. Offline

tobiyas

That's true, but I know how the rest works. ;) Maybe there is something in the 'repairing'. Putting 2 same items in the craftingbenche repairs them. Does someone know anything about that?

6. Offline

Bart

Ah that's true! Forgot about repairing. Hmm....

7. Offline

tobiyas

Ah F*ck.... Found it in the NMS source. It's hardcoded... And when repairing, Bukkit is generating a new temporary Recipe on time.... So it seems like this is not possible. :(

EDIT: LoL found a Bypass. There seems to be a wildcard for bypassing the DamageValues. Just put the DamageValue of the Material of the Recipe to Short.MaxValue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.