CraftBukkit Imposing maximum move speed?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by petrifiednightmares, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I made several plugins for my private server that has to do with transportation:

A highway mod that allows fast running on certain blocks,
    a launcher mod that launches you into the sky when you step on certain blocks,
    a launcher that launches you forward when you step on certain blocks.

However, since the latest update, every time I step on the activation blocks for my mods bukkit gives a warning:

18:02:53 [WARNING] playernam was caught moving faster than the maximum allowed
    speed. Possible malicious activity?

And resets my player's position.

Looking into the commit history, this seems to be due to this change:
    Code:
    if (d8 > 6.25D && !this.e.F()) {
         flag1 = true;
          a.warning(this.e.name + " was caught moving faster than the maximum allowed speed.                   Possible malicious activity?");
          this.a(this.i, this.j, this.k, f2, f3);
          return;
    }

Is it possible to override this somehow? If not, then I suggest for the CraftBukkit team to allow configurable max speed instead of hardcoding it.

Thanks!

2. Offline

EvilSeph

@petrifiednightmares
    We made this change to address an exploit involving invalid player positions that was affecting a large number of servers. If I'm not mistaken, a similar one is in 1.5 so it is now out of our hands.

3. Ah I see,

can you give me a brief overview of the change so I can fix my mods to be compatible?

What I am doing is basically giving the player a push via setVelocity().

Much thanks

4. Offline

EvilSeph

What velocity are you setting? The 1.5 limit will be 10 blocks per tick, so much more larger than the restriction we added temporarily to CraftBukkit for 1.4.

5. I am setting a velocity vector with a magnitude of 4, so that should be within the limits as you have stated.

6. Offline

EvilSeph

Right, for 1.5. For 1.4 our limit is 2.5 blocks per tick and so your plugin is out of that limit. I don't think it would be worth changing and promoting a new RB since the next one really should just be 1.5_02 so you'll just have to wait, unfortunately.

7. Yeah, I figured as much. I'm just going to let my speed plugins be temporarily disabled until the new craftbukkit versions are up.

By the way, the announcement mentioned that due to the nature of the 1.5 update there won't be a new RB for it. Now that mojang released 1.5_02, is the next craftbukkit version going to be aimed towards minecraft server 1.5_02?

By the way, keep up the great work with this project, your team's ability to update the code base within hours of new releases is very impressive. I tried taking a look at the source code that you're dealing with, and it gave me an hour long headache. :p

8. Offline

Fob_Upset

They haven't released 1.5_02, the current version is 1.5_01 also i haven't even heard there bring out a new update.

9. Offline

ichingpow

You, my friend, are mistaken. The server is 1.5_02.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.